Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
* T-REX BILLET GRILLE 03-05 FX35 (20 BARS) $ 214.29

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I got the chrome one before and did not like how it looked on my silver FX.

Jim

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Got the new catalog today and there are 3 grills availiable

* SSE MAIN GRILLE 03-04 INFINITI FX35 / FX45 $ 129.50
* SSE MAIN GRILLE 03-04 INFINITI FX35 / FX45 CHROME $ 154.95
Aren't these the ones that Stillen have been selling?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Yes thats where I got mine originally from STillen.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ShadyJC said:
Sweet Fx said:

* SSE MAIN GRILLE 03-04 INFINITI FX35 / FX45 $ 129.50
* SSE MAIN GRILLE 03-04 INFINITI FX35 / FX45 CHROME $ 154.95
Aren't these the ones that Stillen have been selling?
They were not in my last catalog, could have been on their site but never looked.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
This is one of those times when I think the factory got it right. All of these after market grills cheepen the look of the FX. :? Want to upgrade? Get the 05 factory smoked grill. 8)
IMO Nissan/Infiniti got it wrong with all the chrome. Almost all Nissan trucks have some sort of big chrome grill. Just too much for me. I asked the dealer about the new smoked grill and they said the price would be over $400.00. That's why I went with the Billet upper grill (sorry no pics yet). But like most things FX either you love it or you don't, not a lot of middle ground.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
the dark chrome looks weird to me. they didn't even change the logo.

either all or nothing i think. too many shades of chrome is distracting.

that being said i still wouldn't mind getting an 05 at all if I didn't have my 03.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
This is one of those times when I think the factory got it right.
Nah, they got quite a bit right, IMO: the grille, the wheels and even the rear chrome are all just right to me, and I probably won't change either.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
This is one of those times when I think the factory got it right. All of these after market grills cheepen the look of the FX
My thoughts completely.
From the roof rails to the grill to basically everything just the way it is.
All of it is what makes the FX--- the FX

It stands alone -

·
Registered
599 Posts
I liked everything but the bumps on the grill! Everyone knows that! :)

Actually the smoked chrome looks nice and I initially wanted it until I saw that the logo didn't come smoke chromed. The entire thing shoulda be smoked.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
No
No
No

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Bumping up an old thread.

405 N, stupid Cayenne decides to go from the lane to my right to my lane to the car pool lane in one swoop. He runs over a loose tire tread that's sitting in between the carpool lane and the number 1 lane.

Smacks my grill, I thought it hit my lower bumper but it actually hit my grill. Get th eguy to stop and we access damage.

He gives me his info and knows he shouldn't have cut the lanes so quickly. He crossed the double yellow as well.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
So everythinginfiniti is ordering me a sport grill. They didn't have one in stock so I have to wait for the order to come in.

Decided to play around with the damaged one. The thing I don't like about the sse grill was you can see the old grill behind it. Looks hokey, even painting the oem grill flat black takes away from the concept of the mesh grill.

So I cut up the old drill, all the cross bars are pretty much gone. Only stubs on the sides, which will get cleaned up more this week.

I need to do some more detail work on the sse grill. Paint some exposed areas black so you don't see the fact that it's a clip in grill.

I think it looks ok on diamond graphite. I can see this grill definately not working on some colors. The Stillen FX had the chrome grill, I didn't like how that looked.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
kinda liking the grill, rookie. wonder what it would look like with the Infiniti badge? looks great with Axis, too

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I think I lost it somehow. I'll order a new one this weekend. I did the touch up stuff, No cross bars at all, area on the lower portion of the grille that is on the inside is now all black, the area on the lower portion on the front side now sits more flush with the stock chrome trim. More pics when I get the emblem.

My replacement grille shipped today. Guess I can run either grille.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
:idea: How about the Logo in BLACK - for Contrast, Depth and to pick up the Lower Clading! 8)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.