Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i used a trick that works on my motorcycle to stop the dripping water that incessantly comes from the mirrors, mouldings, etc....you take your leaf blower and blow off those areas, forcing the water out. otherwise, you can't seem to stop going back to touch up areas with the chamois. i learned that trick from the motorcycle forum i go on and it works great to get the water out from those annoying spots on your bike too.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yup, neighbors thing I'm nuts, but I use the leaf blower to dry my FX all the time after washing. The less I actually have to touch my black paint, the better.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
A $30 electric leaf blower from Home depot will work just fine. Just don't hit your car with it. I usually use ti to get the majority of the water off and get it out of the cracks, then go over it lightly with a waffle-weave microfiber towel so there are no spots.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
MIRRORS MIRRORS MIRRORS, come on, other than a leaf blower, no matter what ANGLE i wash the car on, facing uphill, downhill, angled diagonally, or even quick spin run after wash - then w/w MF - after all said and done - never fails, one or both mirrors will dribble a leak on the door, can't believe i'm the only one, what stops that last d r i b b l e ? ...drip p . . .. ( then move the car, and , you guessed it ...dribble.. ....)

·
Registered
706 Posts
I here ya. The only things that works for me is to use the air compressor on it and to fold it in and out. Even then it still might drip a little. Same for the rear hatch. That thing will shed water for hours.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i dry the car and the mirrors and all of the cracks, etc....

then i take a lap around the neighborhood at high speed :)

then i just redry the spots and they are gone !

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...and then a half-hour later you go somewhere, park, come back and see a dried dribbler on the door....aarrgghhh! (i think they designed the **** mirrors that way to freak us out) tell me i'm wrong, huh. [the built in mirror resevoir must be standard equip.]

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
This is why I also carry a bottle of Z6 and a MF towel in the back...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Detailed the FX today and after 3 hours in the garage, took it for some errands. Frickin mirrors and hatch need a full day to dry or else they dribble water everywhere. You cannot get these areas dry enough to prevent dribbles. Frustrating.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
After I wash and dry the FX, I take it for a spin around the block, which gets all that water out. Go back, wipe it off, then finish detailing. Only way to do it w/o having it dribble and spot on you the next day. Also cleans off the rotors so you don't have a bunch of rusty brake dust on your rims the next day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts