Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a do-it-yourself kit.

Kinda of pricey but you get a lot of pieces.

Full kit $ 500.95 but you can also buy per piece.
Partial Kit $ 291.95
Rear Bumper $ 84.95

http://www.stongard.com/shop.asp

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i need one of these. my front bumper looks like a piece of swiss cheese :roll:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Trust me, you DO NOT want to attempt to install this yourself. That's overpriced anyway. I have an installer here in Houston that does the X-pel kit (looks the same as that one, except for the door edge pieces, which he'd probably throw in for cheap) for $395 installed. Had mine done the day I picked up my car; this is an absolute must-have on dark colors.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, $395 is way cheap. Calirfornia Tint (a local company here in Northern Va) quoted me $1100. But that included the headlight and foglight protectant as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$1100 is way too much. I dont understand why some installers find the need to charge that much. I can amazed that an Xpel installer would do a full kit like the StonGard kit installed for $395 installed. Good for you. Never seen that before.

We offer a full kit for the FX at $308 which is the best price on the net plus install

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the product let me know. I would be happy to help.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah, my guy here in Houston, Steve Perez, does a great job for an amazing price, and he stands by his work. All of the high-end dealers in town use him (including Infiniti) and if you go through the dealer, you'll pay $695 for the same kit. Now THAT'S dealer mark-up. Anyway, if you go direct through him, the deal can't be beat; I've referred several people in the area to him and they're all very satisfied. When I had my FX done, there were no existing door cup patterns from X-pel, so he designed them on the spot, scanned them in and computer-cut them for me; turned out great.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I got a quote of ~$900 from SE-EX (Thomas, in NYC) to do the full front & rear bumpers, 12" of hood & leading edge of the front fenders... that's a whole lotta money to install a few sheets of clear plastic.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had my xpel kit installed last week on my black FX45. The installer did an excellent job. He arrived at my home at 8:30 AM and was not finished untill 1:30 PM. I was watching the entire time. There is no way I could have done it my first at bat. After seeing him do it, I thought maybe I could give it a try. Although, messing up $400 worth of plastic would have sucked. I recomment having a installer do it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have a recommendataion for an installer in the Atlanta area? I've spoken with a couple installers and am getting prices from $550-$750 so far for the Hood/Mirror/Front Bumper package.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got mine done at $750, included hood, headlights, bumper (front rear) gas tank, side doors, door handles, side mirrors. I'm in Bay Area, CA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
has anyone gotten this done around the NYC area? how much did ya get it for? which brand is better? thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hey stormace, where did you get yours done at? i'm intrested in getting it done.....thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got it done at Clear Armor in Mountain View. His clients include the likes of jerry rice, terrel owens, and others. I went there twice, FX and my other car, each time, I saw exotic cars there...saw a Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Modena...so the guy knows what he's doing. PM me, I'll go dig out the number if you need it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts