Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Next year, IF I have a good couple of months of work;), I'm planning on putting one of these into the empty space where the rear A/V unit would be if I had the tech package:

http://www.xenarc.com/product/cp1000.html

and will replace the in-dash stock screen with a 7" color touchscreen, which should enable me to have my entire 6000+ song library onboard, plus navigation, and rolling email, etc - for a LOT less than the price of the tech package (oh yeah, I might go ahead and install my own backup camera too... those are cheap!)

But here's my biggest question; I'm going to want to map all of the current data on the stock screeen, to the color screen I replace it with and need to find out what the data output to the current screen is so I can replicate the data on the new screen.

Anyone have any ideas about how to figure that out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow

If you can do this
Please tell me how I can do this
Great idea
I hate the stock screen

·
Registered
338 Posts
You have a big challenge ahead of you. I give you the best of luck. Fortunately, There is a color screen that can replace the orange screen from an earlier post from one of the members that is over in taiwan, I believe.

·
Registered
325 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
You have a big challenge ahead of you. I give you the best of luck. Fortunately, There is a color screen that can replace the orange screen from an earlier post from one of the members that is over in taiwan, I believe.
Yeah I remembered that. Anyone knows how to hook that up so that it can toggle between video and original orange screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends, I'm a FX35 owner in Taiwan and 1st time here in the forum. Here's such a nice place that I've learned lots of good infos abt the FX. My FX has only a mono(orange) screen too & I'm looking for ways to change it to a color one. The way to do the modification here in TW is not the one I'm looking. For they just remove the origional mono screen to other palce, put a camera to shoot those images on it and then play the video signal to the new installed color screen. It's smart but doesn't sound too hi-tech. Due to the camera + old screen are boxed together in limited space and the accuracy of installation(camera angle), the reproduced image may looks twisted or may not be as clear as the orignal.
So, I think the better way to do is still looking for some sort of "signal converter or controller" that can really re-route those mono display signals to a new color one, either from getting those origional infinte "boxes" or an after market upgrade package.
If someone happen to have the genius to do that, please don't hestiate to let us share.
Thanks a lot!! :lol:
Cal8kjl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts