Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I don't believe so. When the 06 redesign came out the stereo/hvac unit was changed and I've never seen anyone upgrade from the old orange lit stereo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I wanted to make sure. I tried to see if the screen would actually fit on the dash. It looked like it can. People can put aftermarket radios on

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Typically when an aftermarket stereo is installed on the FX the stock orange information screen has to be repositioned and used for everything except the stereo. I have seen it remounted below, near the ashtray, or above in a custom dash enclosure, or mounted in the ceiling where the sunglasses holder is.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea ... I seen that as well. It’s a nice set up. Do you know if I can add a app to the car as well even tho it already has an amplifier?

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I think if you go aftermarket with amps you will have to change out the speakers. I believe the Bose speakers are 2 Ohm and not compatible with most amps except Bose. There have been a few very custom audio mods done around here but finding these old threads may be tough. You will likely find more heavily modded stereo systems over at Infinitiscene.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I don't know if I've ever seen a video but I have seen plenty of pictures before, during and after the installation. Hit up Johnmax from this forum. I think he's still active around here but sporadically so. I believe his profession is car audio systems and he might have some insight for you.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I don't know if there is a dash kit available. I think it's all been custom work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True ok I been looking around. I was told from the audio store is better to keep the stock speakers and just put in subwoofers. I also wanted to know what gas type am I suppose to use ? I keep seeing mixed opinions

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Looks fantastic. There are Russian FX owners that have done some remarkable modifications to this car. Unfortunately I am not sure that I would send $1200 to a seller in Estonia with 9 reviews under his belt. If anybody here pulls the trigger on this post a review and full pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts