Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFX35 came by yesterday and we go to look at an FX with Eibachs and my FX which is stock suspension side by side. I snapped some pics! You guys should be able to tell which one is stock and which one has the springs:

Don't know if you can see it in the pics but with the Eibachs the front drop is more dramatic than the rear drop so it makes it look like the FX is a tad lower in the front than would be stock. This gives the impression of the car about to pounce and it looks really aggressive.

I also took his car out for a spin and the Eibach's don't change the ride much at all!

He also has 20mm spacers in the rears as compared to my 15mm in the rear and it looks niice. :) So the new max for the rears is now up to 20mm!

The Stillen STB is a very nice piece of equipment too! Solid and very pretty in the engine bay!

Gotta say INFX35 - HOT CAR! :)

-andrew

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Wow, great comparo! So how would you compare the handling of te Eibachs to stock and after this are you tempted to get them?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Thank you for a very nice and well defined pictoral comparison, but howcome back when, the idea for performance purposes was to tuck as much of your shoes under the car as possible, nowadays we've got guys spacing sneakers further apart and outside the wells? Are you aware of what you're sacrificing vs. what you're gaining by doing this?

·
Registered
832 Posts
First I'll like to thank Ak1nza! :D

PINITI-FX said:
Thank you for a very nice and well defined pictoral comparison, but howcome back when, the idea for performance purposes was to tuck as much of your shoes under the car as possible, nowadays we've got guys spacing sneakers further apart and outside the wells? Are you aware of what you're sacrificing vs. what you're gaining by doing this?
Have you heard the saying "wider is better"? Well, there is a noticeable difference for the better with the spacers. I had the spacers installed after the Eibachs and it further increased the handling of my FX. I guess it has to be experienced to really appreciate them.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I was just concerned about the already too wide - 38.7' turning diameter - becoming even W I D E R ! / maybe 39' +

·
Registered
832 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
I was just concerned about the already too wide - 38.7' turning diameter - becoming even W I D E R ! / maybe 39' +
This was a concern before I had the spacers, but it really hasn't been any problems. I feel a little difference when doing a 3 point turn, but it is so slight.

All I can say is "I LOVE IT!" :toothy7:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't need to thank me INFX35. It's your car in the photo too! :)

Anyways I'm holding off modding my car until spring comes around. It's starting to get cold here in Boston anyways.

Right now, I'm more than certain I will be buying the Stillen STB. As for the Eibachs, I'm still in a deciding phase for them. I like the look of the car lowered, but then again... I also like the way the car looks stock. I'm sure that there are definite handling improvements with the springs since lowering the CG of any car will improve handling. It would be more of a visual mod for me than a performance one as I'm not as leadfooted as I should be with the FX (don't kick me off the forum pls!? :oops: )

I'm also still holding out wishing that Pro-drive is gonna come out with their active suspension. Although I think it's all wishful thinking for now. So yea, it's tempting but nothing's going to happen until spring!

Keep you all informed!

·
Registered
320 Posts
A couple of Q's...Are you running Stock tires? Any rubbing, and any issues with tires at full lock? What werre your installation costs? DIY? I've lifted my Jeep myself, which was pretty easy. Unbolt sway bar and allow the axle to drop. Pull springs out...Would this be similar procedure?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
A couple of Q's...Are you running Stock tires? Any rubbing, and any issues with tires at full lock? What werre your installation costs? DIY? I've lifted my Jeep myself, which was pretty easy. Unbolt sway bar and allow the axle to drop. Pull springs out...Would this be similar procedure?
I am running 305 tires and up to know there have been no rubbing issues. From what I have heard from my mechanic, its a preety difficult install.

Jim

·
Registered
832 Posts
jimsbmw said:
OIIIIIIO said:
I am running 305 tires and up to know there have been no rubbing issues. From what I have heard from my mechanic, its a preety difficult install.

Jim
I have to agree with Jim about the install being difficult. I was recently in a accident and my Eibachs were installed by the body-shop and they told me they were one of the more difficult springs to install. They are a custom shop and has a lot of experience with modding.

Even with my spacers, I have not experienced any rubbing issues... I'm on stock wheels & tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price

Hello,

how much did the shop charge you for installing the Eibachs? Super nice pics by the way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On the 4th pic, the Eibach equiped FX looks like it has a little negative camber. Is that just the angle of the pic or does it really have negative camber? If so, do you know how much?

I know it's an odd question. All of my previous cars have been lowered. And my wife hated that I had the tires flipped every so often to wear the tires more evenly. So if I get my FX lowered, I wonder if my wife woulld notice?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
My Eibachs went on the end of March,rotated the tires on regular schedule and have added 10-15000 miles.No uneven wear!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Re: Price

Lkn said:
Hello,

how much did the shop charge you for installing the Eibachs? Super nice pics by the way.
The shop didn't charge me for the install, they included it with the repairs. :D

vdo_game_junkie said:
On the 4th pic, the Eibach equiped FX looks like it has a little negative camber. Is that just the angle of the pic or does it really have negative camber? If so, do you know how much?
There isn't any negative camber, but the pic does look like it due to the ground not being even. It could also be the angle which the pic was taken.
The body-shop had the 4 wheel alignment done and told me that it was within factory specs with no problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts