Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Does anyone know whats taking stillen so long to return emails. I have written then a few times to see when my exhaust will arrive and have gotten no replies, I called a few days ago and all I got is it has been shipped out. I just cant wait so long for an exhaust its been over a week since I ordered it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
From what I've heard in the past, Stillen doesn't have the best customer service. If I were you, I'd call them again and make them give you the tracking number.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I should do that, just didnt want to be a pain in the ass of a customer.

Jim 8)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sometimes, that's the only way to get things done. :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah taking you advise and giving them a call.

Jim :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just called and they said they will finally ship it out today, didnt know that an cat back exhaust takes up 3 boxes, wonder how many parts there are.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It's a pretty big system, similar in layout to the Borla true dual, which has 17 pieces.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh did not know that I just thought it would be like a muffler replacement. Thats good to know, know I just cant wait another for it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Here's a pic of the Stillen G35c exhuast; your's will be very similar (slightly longer).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, now i understand how the plumbing goes.

Jim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hang in there Jim. Stillen takes forever to ship things just here in the states. I can only imagine what its like for international!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well its been two weeks since I paid for it and finally got a traking number from Jayden last night. I called this morning and they said the plane will arrive tomorrow noon, dont know when I will recieve it but hopefully tomorow or the next day and I can get it installed ASAP. I really hate waiting. Will post pics when its done.

Jim :roll:

·
Registered
80 Posts
when i ordered the cai from stillen, it took about two weeks. never gave me a tracking number. finally called and they said they had production problems and were just sending it out.. i guess its very popular..

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the had promised that it would have been sent out last Thursday but I found out the actually sent it out Monday night, thats why it has been taking so long for it to arrive.

Well I hope when I finally get it, its all worth it.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Well the had promised that it would have been sent out last Thursday but I found out the actually sent it out Monday night, thats why it has been taking so long for it to arrive.

Well I hope when I finally get it, its all worth it.

Jim
When I got my CAI from Stillen, they gave me UPS tracking # and they also did tracking for me. It took about 4 days.

For international large parcel shipping, I think FedEx or DHL is the fastest. Though it costs fortune. I just sent some pkg to Korea using DHL, it took 3 business days. That's fast.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I usually go through Fedex or UPS but they said that they founds a shipping company that can get me a better deal, but it takes so much longer, I called the shipping company today, part made it to Taiwan but now have to wait to clear customs then deliver to me, AHhhhh :evil: I should have used fedex and paid more.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
jimsbmw said:
Well I usually go through Fedex or UPS but they said that they founds a shipping company that can get me a better deal, but it takes so much longer, I called the shipping company today, part made it to Taiwan but now have to wait to clear customs then deliver to me, AHhhhh :evil: I should have used fedex and paid more.

Jim
If I use USPS, it usually sits on the custom for 3-4 days. So, I tried DHL, my parcel went through it in one hour! There are some unknown shipping companies who would do this at lower cost but can't trust them.

Anyway, once you beef up your FX with Stillen's exhaust, you may think Taiwan is too small to enjoy your FX. :(

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I already feel that Taiwan is too small, my fx will not fit is some alley and everytime I floor the gas, before it even redlines I am at the next light.

Jim

·
Registered
306 Posts
the picture of the g35 exhausts resinators are very small compared to the fxs. They are huge and polished. Soo perty they should be seen! Im surprised that its not made in Taiwan! hope you got your exhaust by now before stillen exhausts your patience.

PS the stillen grounding kit fell apart . they did not do such a good job crimping the wires on the assembly line and I let them know this. For 20$ I bought the materials and duplicated it and sent theres back. They have got to be joking with a 129$ price tag!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
hey Super, gotta check out dat CHROME Z - tube! ...pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts