Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been almost a year now, and I was wondering all that have installed the Stillen supercharger on their cars, if there is any problems or praises on ther charger.

Comments needed

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would love to hear the replies too...From reading the 350z sites, the only problems that I have been seeing is with eating belts, not like an engine failure, but these are frustrating too.

I am going with the valvebody kit that brnjugfx45 has spoken about...thx...I am on a core exchange, which means it may take a while for them to get one. Hoping this may provide me enough fun to forget about the SC. :lol:

My next step was to supercharge. :D The three I have been considering is Stillen, HKS, Dreamworks. I like the stillen due to the low torque and what appears to be good reliability. The HKS is coming soon. Difficult to say what is going on here since it is so new and only a few reporting installs. The hp and torque graphs look good though, like a hybrid of roots and centrifical with the efficiency of the centrifical. I recently received another letter from Dreamworks stating theirs is still coming out and to call back in Feb. This is a M90 eaton blower, with fuel and timing mods. Problem is that this has been coming out for more than a year now... :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
supercharger belt cracked.

i have been runnin my fx wiyhout a belt for a few days now and stillen is sending 2 out to me. i never realized what a pig this fx is without the sc. very boring driving with original hp.
i would have to praise the sc unit now that i see the huge difference without it runnin. very reliable except for the old intercooler electric pump that stillen has upgraded since, and the defective belts they also fixed. must say they have parts to me the next day from the opposite coast. rear whhel drive fx would go through tires fast!!
all in all stillen sc has taken a beating from my driving and purrs like a kitten @ idle and screams like a missle when opened up.what a diramatic difference from supercharged to stock!!
i can only encourage those who can afford to go for it , u will not be dissapointed. ask johnblaze on this site , he drove my fx when it was stg 2.
i have been building an insane atv 350 banshee for the past few months, this has taken all my attention since i can not find any more projects to do with the fx. any of u fxers ride?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Stillen SC - Good reliability (maybe except for belt issues). Efficient? That's a completely different question...unless you think dumping obscene amounts of fuel to prevent detonation all the while leaving timing and a/f maps stock is a good thing :p

Go see this thread for a more comprehensive discussion on the Stillen vs. other makes...

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2399

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Super,the regular FX35 does not have to route the air through the blower into the plenum,so you lose someting when not running the belt.Slower yes,but not dog slow

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the reason I am asking all this questions is that my stillen stage 3 is in customs right now in Taiwan, and I am not sure if I want to sell it or install it. So far driving my fx with all the mods that I have done seems fast enought that why the questions. Also I just installed my Kinetixs cats to go with the plenum. Would the cats effect the supercharger, also would my ur pully set effect it also???

Thanks

Jim :p :p :p :p

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can not use the UR pulley [out of the box] and would have to use the provided one for stage I/II (6psi) or stage III (7psi). There are other pullies that go beyond 7psi.

After market freer flowing cats are generally a no-no with a s.charged VQ since they will drop the internal pressure by around 1psi before combustion due to the overlap in the intake/exhaust valves. On the other hand, the freer flowing cats will provide more power at the same psi than with the stock cats.

Headers don't provide as much of a gain with the s/c'er since there is less exhaust scavenging due to the exhaust gasses being forced out quickly by the charger.

The charger will come with its' own plenum.

Stillen could void your warranty if they find out that you are using other mods. Stillen's intake/exhaust, I was told, will not void the warranty but you may want to double check to be sure.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far the only thing that I would be running that is not from stillen would be the cats, since my headers and cat back exhaust and intake setup are all by Stillen. I might change the cats back to stock since its a little loud for me driving in day to day traffic.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
IssaFX said:
The charger will come with its' own plenum.
Yep. With centrifugal superchargers like the Vortech and upcoming HKS, you can use the stock or any third-party plenum (e.g., APS, Crawford,etc.). The upcoming DreamWorks SC is an Eaton-style blower so it'll sit on top of the engine like the Stillen (look at pic).

·
Registered
306 Posts
fuel consumption

I would not say insane fuel is consumed, i get on average 16.3mpg. and 18 without sc. actually if i dont get on the pedal i do better mpg because u hardly have to press pedal with sc!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts