Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - I'm new to this, so I've been wondering how come if STILLEN STB is so good & it improves both ride & handling then how come Infiniti just doesn't put it by default?
Are there any drawbacks to having STILLEN STB? lots of pros, but are there any cons?!
also installing STB wouldn't affect the warrantly would it?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
SolarWind said:
...how come Infiniti just doesn't put it by default?
Probably because they want to keep the car "somewhat" mass market. Adding the STB will stiffen the ride and Infiniti may loose those important Lexus buyers. :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Most car's handling can be improved by the addition of an STB, yet most cars do not come with one stock. They are typically geared more toward performance oriented vehicles and buyers and also give the aftermarket companies something to market. Everything is compromise with manufacturers; if they included everything that mad eth car better as stock equipement, the price would be outrageous. Fact of the matter is, your typical FX buyer (which the mojority of us are NOT) would never know or want for an STB.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
particlefx said:
Adding the STB will stiffen the ride and Infiniti may loose those important Lexus buyers. :lol:
But there're many posts on this board stating that the ride actually becomes more compliant after adding STB (or softer for that matter)?! Otherwise it's already stiff on stock models, making it even stiffer is hard to imagine (not that I'm used to Lexus or anything like that but still :) )?!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
SolarWind said:
But there're many posts on this board stating that the ride actually becomes more compliant after adding STB (or softer for that matter)?! Otherwise it's already stiff on stock models, making it even stiffer is hard to imagine (not that I'm used to Lexus or anything like that but still :) )?!
Uh...who said that? You get a better feel for the road if that's what they meant...

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
SolarWind said:
But there're many posts on this board stating that the ride actually becomes more compliant after adding STB (or softer for that matter)?!
It will stiffen the front end and help cornering, so you're going to feel it. If you are already concerned about the ride quality, then don't add the STB. No one, to my knowledge, has ever said that is softens the ride.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
IMO, it doesn't make the ride noticably harsher in any way. If anything, it makes the front end feel more solid when going over harsh bumps.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
True. Just to clarify; I meant you're going to feel it only when making high speed turns. It's called "bliss" for some of us. ::D But I will say that anyone already having issues with the ride quality being too harsh, should stay away from this because it's not going to help you. And as for why Infiniti doesn't include it; it's because of cost - that simple.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.