Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Stillen strut tower brace. It sure looks purty... Haven't driven with it yet...gotta wait till the morning commute.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like plenty of clearance for you crawford users...

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hardware is nice and sturdy. Install was a breeze. Can't wait to drive it!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nice! Be sure to take plenty of corners tomorrow and post your impressions. 8)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Nice.

Is that a 35 only setup? Or can us lowly 45 drivers get one too?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
how's that Injen working for you now? ...better MPG/HP etc?? / "pretty" engine bay!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
GEAUX said:
Nice.

Is that a 35 only setup? Or can us lowly 45 drivers get one too?
I don't see any reason it wouldn't fit a '45 just as well.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
plenum cover the same size? Mine seemed a lot bigger, or wider than the others.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
remember who makes the supercharger for the 35 (stillen) ...it fits! 35 , 45 , even 55!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i've had mine for a week and its worth the $$. my fx corners better now and it sure is pretty when you open the hood :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Very nice, looks much smoother than mine.

Jim

·
Registered
443 Posts
is it the same one for G35?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Allright, well after a few days of driving my now "reinforced" baby around I am happy with the STB.

However, for everyday city driving I did not notice much of a difference. The front end doesn't "chatter" as much over bumps and potholes. Counter-intuitively, bumps are a little LESS jarring. Wierd, huh?

Where I really notice a difference is with high speed turning. I can "rail" high speed corners more often now. As with lower speeds, the front end chatters way less at high speed. This has definately given the car a more confident feel. Since adding the STB I realized that the stock FX has quite a bit of front end flex to it.

Overall, extremely happy with this mod can't wait to see how it performs in conjunction with my other planned suspension mods.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet! Have to add this to my list, then...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Excuse me guys. Where is the pic? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
One question: did you nootice any more of a tendency to understeer than before? This can be one of the downsides to stiffening up the front end.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Naw, no understeering tendency. I was expecting that too, but it hasn't happened. And thank God there is no ECU involvement! :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
installation.

Hi Sonoman1, nice job. I'm thinking of ordering my soon, but since I have never installed a STB before, just want to get some questions out of the way first. what kind of tools does it need? and do I need to jack-up the car in order to install it?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
They are very easy to install and it's all done under the hood (no need to jack anything up or crawl under the car). All you should need is a socket set.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts