Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I got mine delivered yesterday! Since I wasn't expecting it so soon, I haven't had a chance to even open it!

Thank you very much for doing the group buy Joe, it's much appreciated :)

Later,
mdp3351

·
Registered
81 Posts
Me Too! Me Too!

I got it delivered yesterday - which was interesting since the box was left outside my apartment door (with the words "Signature Required" clearly stamped on it :roll: )... also got my XM tuner from Grubbs... so had a nice long night of installs!

Man it was nice taking the onramp this morning while blasting Sweet Child o Mine! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Yep- got it monday. Thanks to Joe! Gotta buy a toque wrench, and I'm off to the races!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Install is easy as pie... really don't think a torque wrench is necessary

·
Registered
329 Posts
GOT IT

RECEIVED mine today evening gonna read some posts on install and will try to install tom.

COOL I AM EXCITED!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Installed mine tonight and took it for a test spin. It really seems to make the chassis more solid! It compliments my wider tires really well.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I got mine from Pray4sno instead of from the GB. I didn't think i'd notice a difference, but I must say it is very noticeable. Everyone says "how could thst thing handle any better" and they go for a ride now and say WOW!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
got mine yesterday
may install this weekend if i can get off my lazy azz LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
done

Installed mine today...man i am not a car guy but with the right tools i did it COOL!

drove around took some nice turns awesome
feels MORE SOLID than before

all i have to say is

IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE, GET ONE!

8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I should be getting mine tomorrow...Is the torque wrench really necessary for this install? I have heard that 35 lb/ft should be applied to the 6 bolts on the tower...Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Torque wrench = $75, and can be used on other mods, sold etc.

Results of improperly tightened strut bolts:
Under tighten: ? dunno what this could do- strut tower would wiggle & fall out? Stress body metal due to flexing? Would also defeat point of STB.

Overtighten: Strip bolts, have to have bolts removed at shop (after getting car towed to shop) at least $150/bolt, plus replacement parts & re-install.

I'd go with the torque wrench. I don't think anyone can tell 35 ft/lbs by hand.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I bought my torque wrench for $25 at AutoBarn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.