2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last few

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I paid $1788.00 shipped to taiwan. :(

The exhaust sound preety deep, its actually preety loud when you just give it gas, but during the mid range RPM its not that bad. Have to see how it goes on the free way and open it up sometime.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Looks **** good! What did they have to mod to get it on? Looks like just extend the tips?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
You wrote:
Well I paid $1788.00 shipped to taiwan.

The exhaust sound preety deep, its actually preety loud when you just give it gas, but during the mid range RPM its not that bad. Have to see how it goes on the free way and open it up sometime.

Jim

That's owesome, try to test it in high RPM see how it reponds,
Do you have pix of your 22" rims? you are 1 of the first to have this Stillen exhaust so ENJOY IT .
John,

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well $1216.00 for the exhaust itself and the rest is shipping and import duties.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Man, Jim
I just read & realize you have too many modifications for your FX, I have to ask you again: how do you like your new set of Eibach springs? have pix of the car with lowered springs?
You need to get your car to Texas for sure.

John,

·
Registered
94 Posts
fantastic!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
LOOKS GREAT!!

almost factory!! (which is ghood)

the stillen exhausts (although admittedly heavier than stock on the G/Z) sound mean as heck, and nearly perfect at low-midrange...

im wondering why the Y-pipe has no flexjoints in it?? thats an area that can cause stress (cracks) on the cts koints, if it gets too much movement....

also, if its too much for ya (audible), you can very easily have different resonators plumbed onto the midpipes (simple cut/remove/reweld new's).....

was this system designed for the FX, or what application??

ES

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yes specifically made for the FX from Stillen. :) Looks great! Would love to hear you impressions after some break in and some hwy cruising & WOT runs.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ujmot said:
Yes specifically made for the FX from Stillen. :)
Really? Guess that answers my question. I was unaware they had released an FX specific exhaust, but guess it makes sense; would go with the supercharger nicely, I'll bet.

I wondered about the flex pipe as well, though I've seen other aftermarket Y-pipes without it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yeah Stillen has been quietly releasing new products...

I'm torn between this and a custom NISMO. I heard a Z w/ a NISMO exhaust the other day... it sounds incredible!

Part Number: 504380

MSRP: $1,349.00
Our Price: $1,216.00

"STILLEN's new exhaust for the FX35 and FX45 is crafted of Mandrel-bent, polished Stainless Steel. This is a true Cat-Back system designed for a long service life, and helps the FX drum up additional horsepower and torque. Derived from our best selling G35 and 350Z systems, the exhaust features a carefully engineered double Y design pipe, dual resonators for sound control and dual mufflers. At idle the STILLEN Exhaust is unobtrusive, however when pressed, STILLEN's recognizable, trademark sound emanates. This is a pleasing tone, authoritative and yet responsible. Not only does this exhaust systems have a sharp, show ready look, but it also has a long service life (lifetime warranty) and is easy to install. An FX35 owner can further complement your new exhaust system and engine performance with a STILLEN cold air intake (see part #402835) adding even more performance to your FX35."

http://www.stillen.com/Supertrucks_detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=162&Brand=&id=42504&page=1

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That's a lot of cash for an exhaust (**** sweet looking, though). I like the Nismo as well, but I like the sound of one Esemes got for his G (brand escapes me for the moment; little help, sms?) even better. I'll have to go back and listen to the clips of the Stillen. Nismo can be had for less than the others. Is somebody here still selling theirs?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
That's a lot of cash for an exhaust (**** sweet looking, though). I like the Nismo as well, but I like the sound of one Esemes got for his G (brand escapes me for the moment; little help, sms?) even better. I'll have to go back and listen to the clips of the Stillen. Nismo can be had for less than the others. Is somebody here still selling theirs?
Scott's was a Fujitsubo (sp?). Almost identical to the Nismo.

·
Registered
832 Posts
This Stillen exhaust is specific for our FX's, but is there any other exhaust out there that are?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
infx35 said:
This Stillen exhaust is specific for our FX's, but is there any other exhaust out there that are?
No, but all it takes for the Nismo and the like is the G35 midpipe extension and to have the tips extended about 4".

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
was this system designed for the FX, or what application??

ES[/quote]

The system I got is the one that Stillen just came out with for the FX.
I am fine with the sound just not sure about my neighbors while flying down the street.

Jim

1 - 20 of 46 Posts