Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke with a Stillen rep and he'll offer a package deal for the FX-specific headers (ss) and cat-back exhaust system for $2135 + shipping. Regular price is around $2214 + shipping. Not much, but it's something...

Hey Alex, can you beat that? :p

According to the rep, they're in the midst of dyno'ing an exhaust/header setup on a FX35 and preliminary gains seem to be roughly 35 HP/TQ for the package.

·
Registered
361 Posts
AlexAtMyNismo said:
Got it:

1.) $2,120
- Stainless Steel Headers for FX35 (508380S)
- Catback exhaust for FX35 (504380)

2.) $1,930
- Ceramic Steel headers for FX35 (508380M)
- Catback exhaust for FX35 (504380)

-Alex B.
Wow. That was fast and not only did you match it, you beat it! Great work Alex!! :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Also, individual pricing is as follows:

1.) Exhaust - $1190 + Shipping (CA residents pay sales tax)

2.) Ceramic Headers - $740.00 + Shipping (CA residents pay sales tax)

3.) Stainless Headers - $939.99 + Shipping (CA residents pay sales tax)

-Alex B.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Man, I want the exhaust bad, but I just cant spend that much on it, although it is a great price...............compared to what everyone else charges for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why is stainless more expensive?

Sorry to highjack the post, but I couldn't find my answer using the search engine, soooooo.....

What makes stainless steel more expensive than ceramic coated headers?

All I know is ceramic coated headers have the following characteristics:

-retains heat = engine bay is cooler and hot exhaust gases are transferred out to the back.
-resistant to corrosion

Stainless Steel:

--looks good??

I haven't seen either types of headers in person, but from pictures, ceramic coated headers look pretty clean to me.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Stainless lasts longer and won't corode.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
4tyson said:
Sensei

that image you are using with the fx with the body kit is that real or is that a photoshop image?
That's trhe Prodrive FX-R concept frm last year's SEMA show. Search around and you can find more on it. Latest word is that Prodrive isn't going to produce any of it, though; aparently not enough demand.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ceramic coating does the same

Doesn't Ceramic coating offer corrosion resistant benefits as well? I was getting info from Jet-Hot, which I thought was a ceramic coating. So, what makes stainless steel headers worth $200 more?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yes, ceramic coating does offer corrosion protection, but it will break down over time. This, combined with the cost of materials and bling factor make up the cost difference. Personally, I think the ceramic coated ones are perfectly adequate, but the SS sure is pretty...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had ceramic coated headers and they're just mild steel with a thin layer of ceramic baked (?) on. That coating is not that great. Sure it might keep the heat in but after a while debris gets kicked up and puts little chips in the headers. Those bare spots rust and looks like crap. If you get the jet-hot coating over stainless, it will look better.

Stainless steel costs more than mild steel but I doubt $200 more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
4tyson said:
Sensei

that image you are using with the fx with the body kit is that real or is that a photoshop image?
That's trhe Prodrive FX-R concept frm last year's SEMA show. Search around and you can find more on it. Latest word is that Prodrive isn't going to produce any of it, though; aparently not enough demand.
Sorry again to hijack thread.......but maybe Erebuni should pickup the molds from Prodrive. I didn't notice any FXs at SEMA this year....but then again I did not walk the entire show floor.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does anyone know how the exhaust sounds? Is it a deeper grumble at Idle and deeper scream at full throttle? Anyone at all knows how it sounds? Also for just a catback it is expensive, very, there are Titanium exhaust out there that are less expensive. Is it that expensive just because there is not a big demand for it? Also is there a header on the way for the 45? I love to mod and there is not much out there for the 45.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts