Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frist of all, great forum!! Lots of really good info. Just wondering about the benefits of installing the Stillen CAI? Those of you that have done the install did you:

Get better gas mileage?

What was the horsepower gain?

Was the sound at high rpms significantly differently?

Did you do the install youself?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Talltexguy said:
Get better gas mileage?
slightly

What was the horsepower gain?
You'r looking at probably a 6-7 HP gain. Deffinitely do the Z-tube along with the intake (do a search); that's 6 HP right there.

Was the sound at high rpms significantly differently?
Yes, and deffinitely for the better; a nice agressive growl

Did you do the install youself?
Yes, it's very easy and comes with instructions. Also search around here; there are various threads discussing the intake and installing it, many with pictures.

Welcome! 8) And enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!!! One more questions, will installing a CAI and Z-tube void the warrenty?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Talltexguy said:
Thanks for the reply!!! One more questions, will installing a CAI and Z-tube void the warrenty?
The short answer is no. The dealer must prove that the mod is directly responsible for the problem. For non-related issues like electrical, seats, suspension, broken switches, etc. the warranty is still good and they must honor it for non-related items.

Really, the only thing I can think of where the warranty may be voided is if the dealer can prove that engine problems are due to incorrect installation of the mod. For example, you installed the air filter wrong on the Stillen and it sucked in a bunch of dirt into the engine causing the problems. Extreme example, but I can see it dealers playing that card.

It's been covered ad nauseum here and in FA so if you want more detail I suggest you search around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts