Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, UPS delivered today!

That was a really long wait to save a couple of bucks, but big thanks to Andy for pulling this and our lazy asses together.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey guys, as of yesterday, all orders were shipped out and should have received a email confirmation with a tracking number. If you have not received this email please let me know and I will look into your order for you but all 15 that came in yesterday were all also shipped yesterday. I do apologize for the delay but Stillen did not stock these CAI's and were pretty much made to order. Thanks for another great GB guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
:)

thanks Andy. got the conformation email and just awaiting the delivery. Can't wait to install.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Andy just wanted to know if Stillen is including the extended bolts?? that from what I've heard we need.
Phil

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes please let me know if i need to buy the extended bolts before i install. I'd rather not have to walk to my nearest hardware store if you know what i mean :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes please let us know.

I just got home and my package is here. Yeppieee :lol: . haven't opened it yet. Hope the z-tube is in there also.

I would rather get the parts fro Stillen rather then running over to Home depot for parts. Planning on installing this weekend but if they are shipping the screws/washers/nuts I will wait.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Received the package today! I am going to run to Home Depot and grab the bolts before i install just in case.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
stillen and z tube install

:roll: I just finished my instal of the ztub and the stillen. I have a few minor complaints with the Stillen set up.

#1 The instructions supplied are very low quality and assume the user can see the b&w mass photocopied pics... very difficult

#2 The bolts that you will use from your original box are very difficult to use. They need to be longer. You can use them but have to wrestle with them. If iI had not had the car all apart, I would have run to Home Depot and got some.

Other than that, the z tube was extremely easy. I did the cut method not the sincity. Very easy.

The car now sounds great! Total time approx 40 minutes. That is because I could not read the instructions and kept having to come inside and look at the forum.

Good luck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kip when you said wrestle do you mean it will eventually thread in but you have to get it perfect?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The stock M6 (10mm)bolts are really short (these are teh ones that attach the M.A.S.. . You have to attach the MAS and the air box onto the velocity stack.

I had to push very hard on the screwdriver to get them to thread. It would have been much nicer to have a little more length to the bolts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So are the M6x20 that I need to buy at HD be long enough? Little concerned as I have only done minor stuff on cars. ](*,)

·
Registered
15 Posts
:( Having on problem with the ztube instal Iron Chief method where you cut the end, there is no ridged end so the hose will slip off. Arrrgh.

See the edge?????

What I did was to substitute the clamps for the old clamp that has a hole in it and I sunk a small pointed screw into this are to secure it. You will need to do this if you arte doing this method because the hose just wont stay on.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
8) Here is a pic of the iron chief method using the other clamp. I feel mine will provide more support using the other stock clamp.

If you look closly at the pic, you can see the head of the sunk in screw head.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
:evil: The friggin thing keeps coming off since I did the mod to the z tube. IMHO, do not go this way...

I had to completely remove it and install small flat heat screws arount the circumfrence of the tube along with the clamp...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone know anything about this issue? Haven't seen anyone else have this same problem.

·
Registered
292 Posts
xmen13 said:
So are the M6x20 that I need to buy at HD be long enough? Little concerned as I have only done minor stuff on cars. ](*,)
Yes, those will work. I used the stockers but will replace them with longer ones when I take it apart again.

As far as the "cut" method, I have not had this problem yet. When I cut off the end of the z-tube, I did leave a bit of a lip on the end of it and maybe thats enough to hold it on I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.