Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe others of you have had this problem. Since the engineers of nissan wanted to put cup holders right next to the power seat buttons they should of forseen a problem here. I was driving the other day and took a corner a little to fast (like we all do) and my drink spilt all over my passenger seat along with getting in the power seat buttons. They now stick. I have tried WD-40 plain water and nothing seems to work. I can't get in there to clean them out so that my buttons don't stick. Infinity said that they need to replace the whole seat I don't see the reason for this. Is there any suggestions out there to fix this sticky situation. Any suggestions would be much appreciated at this point. Thanks for all of your time.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I have the same problem. Can of soda exploded (horrible mess)

I took off the swithces (bit PITA) and clean with hot water and alcohol. Only helped for a month and now sticky .

I am thinking of just buying new switches. It might just be easier.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I have the same problem. Can of soda exploded (horrible mess)

I took off the swithces (bit PITA) and clean with hot water and alcohol. Only helped for a month and now sticky .

I am thinking of just buying new switches. It might just be easier.

If you have the switches out, spray them with Electrical Contact Cleaner, also known as tv tuner/control cleaner. Ideally, purchase one specific/safe for electronic parts. I typically recommend an aerosol. This should work. Do a google search to get more info.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts