Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed something odd one day driving my FX. Stereo off, fan off, lights off, there is a hiss/white noise coming from the stereo speakers. You can barely hear it unless you put your ear right next to the speaker. The you can tell it's the source of the noise.

Took the car in and service manager couldn't figure it out until he sat in a new car. Supposedly the amp powers up in the stereo with the car on.

Anyone else notice this or am I being fed a line of crap?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have never notice this. And I am constantly checking things out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

If you guys get a chance when you get home, please try this.

Turn key one click forward, make sure AC and lights are off, listen to the left passenger door speaker or front left upper dash speaker. See if you hear a hiss.

Trying to figure out where this is coming from and if I need to start calling BS on the dealer.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: Stereo hisswhite noise from speakers with it off - anyon

tazdevl said:
You can barely hear it unless you put your ear right next to the speaker.
But, um, ... aw never mind.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well, I stuck my ear right next to the speakers (wasn't driving) and I could hear a pin drop in there. Nothing. Nada.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Shady. Sounds like that's the problem. Faulty ground loop and only way to fix is to replace the main wiring harness.

I've got the Touring package so I'm not running anything via the rear AV ports.

That post has a contact @ Infiniti, so I'll just talk to the service manager and tell him to call if he gives me any guff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.