Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this FX and the dealer has been great. However the steering wheel was off a little to the right. During my hatch recall they were to fix this. I suspected somethign other than a std. alignment due to the way the wheel handled. They called me today and can't figure it out yet. The car is alligned and the put the wheel straight, however it pulls to the right. They put new tires on and still no change. They thing something may be wrng witht he suspention or bal jounts?

Anyone else have this? I not too woried b/c I get the G35 while the fix it and its pretty fun too. Thanks for any help or insight.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it back from ther dealer a while back. They made an adjustment to the alignment and wheel. It tracks straight now and the wheel hold true to the middle. Thank God for responsive dealers, mine is great! I read on another forum that an FX owner's dealer told him it was normal and didn't want to fix it. Also a co-worker has a 350Z that is on its 3rd set of tires, all under warranty. Aparently, the first Zs had front end problems and unusal wear due to the way the cars were torqued down for transport and the alignment is so sensitive that it can be a pain to correctly line up. They still can't fix the problem on the front end.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I do not think my front end is out of alignment, nor am I experiencing any odd handling of the steering wheel - however my steering wheel does not line up exactly right. It is somewhat tilted 10-15 degrees to the right. I am going to have the dealer look at it at the first oil change.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me know what they tell you. I just want to make sure I will not be facing a wear issue later on. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was curius and looked at my tires today. Well, on the drivers front inside tire it is worn smooth. I need opinions, is this covered by warranty?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah....I have 15K miles and it was just aligned a month ago. No uneven wear then.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
FXECUTIVE said:
Oh yeah....I have 15K miles and it was just aligned a month ago. No uneven wear then.
You should have a good case then. Good luck. I'm only at 2050 miles; it'll be a little while before I go in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
I do not think my front end is out of alignment, nor am I experiencing any odd handling of the steering wheel - however my steering wheel does not line up exactly right. It is somewhat tilted 10-15 degrees to the right. I am going to have the dealer look at it at the first oil change.
This should be a simple drag link adjustment. Dont know if the dealer will pop you for this.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well its in the shop for the 3750 service. Dealer called a few minutes ago and said it was an alignment issue. They did a four wheel alignment and said it was fine now. I'll pick it up later and see if it is indeed fixed.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
OK, got it back and it is fine now 8)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got it back and the left front was worn, they said I need new tires in about 3-5000 miles anyway and it is now rotated to the back so I am not to worried about it. The car tracks staright and make no more noise so I am happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts