Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced premature wear on their steering wheel where you put your hand most of the time, usually on top? well i have, it was not really an issue until it started to get warmer here, now when i leave my car out in the sun that area gets sticky and has a really bad feel to it, so i take it in to my dealer and they say it's normal wear and will not be covered covered under warrenty, my a$$ normal. :evil: This should not happen at 18000 miles, this premature wear is not normal, what do you guys think and what can i do next?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
this issue has been discusssed a number of times (cant remember if it was here or on FA). search around on steering wheel and see what you get.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, but do they have ones with flowers on them :lol:

·
Registered
387 Posts
:lol: Funny! Just what I needed today.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had mine replaced with new one. New one had softer leather and after putting 20k+miles on new one, it looks fine now. Check with Infiniti of Lisle.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Infiniti of lisle is my dealer, they are the ones who said no. Did yours do the samething. What were you doing at lisle.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Moved by me. Bitchin' as those covers are :roll: , this is a problem thread, not a mod.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yek kosa khoshkel said:
Infiniti of lisle is my dealer, they are the ones who said no. Did yours do the samething. What were you doing at lisle.
Leather was getting peeled off and it happened on top of the wheel(12'o clock position). Told the dealer about it and they judt ordered the new one for me. No hassle. Maybe it was my lucky day.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
What do youse guys have on your hands?! My steering wheel's practically new!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
What do youse guys have on your hands?! My steering wheel's practically new!
Might have something there. My Grandfather always has to keep his steering wheels coverd because apparently his sweat is particularly acidic; eats leather steering wheels like crazy...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I did notice on the way in today there's two kinds of material on the wheels. In the position I drive almost exclusively in (see below) I grip the wheel where it's a thicker kind of leather, and I think that's why I'm not seeing the wear others are.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Other dealer took care of it :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ken

samers, proper holding for FX45

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.