Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still have their instruction manual for the STB?

What are the torque specs for the tower and the bar?

Also, what's the size of the allen wrench needed?

Thx

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
There were instructions??? I think when I got it I was so excited that I just slapped it on and made it "tight" and that was sufficient enough, didn't try to measure torque or anything. As for the allen wrench size, I had like 50 different sizes and it wasn't any of the ones I had :lol: it's pretty large.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It did not come with any tourque specs. I torqued my retaining ring bolts to 45 ft/lbs and just cranked the hex bolts as tight as I could. I don't recall the hex wrench size, but it is large. Just pick up one of those sets (metric, I beleive) at Home Depot or someplace and one of the largest ones will work.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the scoop all. Didn't have any instructions in my box. Granted the install is pretty straightforward.

Called Stillen. Turns out there are torque specs but have to wait until Monday to get the scoop. Once I find out, will post.

I ended up doing 45 ft/lbs for the strut bolts with a bit of Loctite Blue... 30 ft/lbs for the bolts that attach to tbe bar.

Need a 8/9mm hex for the strut bar bolt. Didn't have one handy, vice grip worked fine.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, talked to Stillen, they indicated OE Torque specs for the plate (taking my car in tomorrow for 25K service, will find out) and for the strut bar itself, hand tighten because if you go too tight on the bar, you'll snap the bolt if it flexes a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts