Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i have static blurring when i see my rear camera at night...the car's only 1 week old....called dealer said he had its normal....can anyone verify this?? only happens at night....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
ekosgoron said:
guys i have static blurring when i see my rear camera at night...the car's only 1 week old....called dealer said he had its normal....can anyone verify this?? only happens at night....
I thought it was normal. Mine also blurring at night. But my girlfriend RX330 doesn't seem to be blurring. May be Lexus use better camera :roll: I'm gonna take my car for first oil change, and I will ask them about this blurring issue and let you know if its normal or not.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Happened to me once when it was very cold and has not reoccurred since...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If it's blurry, there may have just been condensation on the lens, but if it's grainyness or slight static you're referring to, it's normal. The camera switches to low lux at night and a grainy pic is a side effect.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Mine is not blurry at night; but it is very grainy. The grainy look only occurs when it is very darK (i.e. not in a well lighted parking lot at night). I had assumed that the grain was related to the digital sensors adjusting the sensitivity (e.g. film speed in a film camera). At high iso's a digital camera will have the grain look of very high speed film.

If it is not supposed to do this then I need to have mine looked at as well. Again I thought this increased grain was the camera's "iso" adjustment to the available light. Any thoughts on this??

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
as others have said, just make sure its "grainy" in nature and not "static". big difference in the way that looks. you can tell its just grainy if, during the day, it looks just fine and at night its not. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
Mine is not blurry at night; but it is very grainy. The grainy look only occurs when it is very darK (i.e. not in a well lighted parking lot at night). I had assumed that the grain was related to the digital sensors adjusting the sensitivity (e.g. film speed in a film camera). At high iso's a digital camera will have the grain look of very high speed film.

If it is not supposed to do this then I need to have mine looked at as well. Again I thought this increased grain was the camera's "iso" adjustment to the available light. Any thoughts on this??
this has been my experience as well. it happened 3 or 4 times the entire year'
only when it was pitch black and as i recall it was cold and raining as well.
thought it was normal due to bad weather conditions .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah my friends RX330 also has no such problems.....just checking out......****.....people in my neighbourhood seemed to dislike my car...its one week old and someone gave it a knuckle ding on the front passenger door....plus they stick some glue ontop near the rear....piss me off badly....really badly

·
Registered
779 Posts
yeah my friends RX330 also has no such problems.....just checking out......****.....people in my neighbourhood seemed to dislike my car...its one week old and someone gave it a knuckle ding on the front passenger door....plus they stick some glue ontop near the rear....piss me off badly....really badly
Don't you hate when people mess with your car?!?!?!? I get really mad when I hear stories such this one as it has happened to me in the past... Sorry to hear that ekosgoron.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picked up friends at the airport frm back home and they dented my rear when they forced a luggage in...its scratched by the wheels of the luggage....man ....things just happen out of hand.......

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I am just surprised that camera works that will in pitch blackness. I can barely see out my windows but I can see out of the camera.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I am just surprised that camera works that will in pitch blackness. I can barely see out my windows but I can see out of the camera.
Don't forget you've got those big-ass' reverse lights back there!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
They are not that bright.

I really meant, that my tint is really dark and at night when pulling out of my weird garage, it is hard to see. And that I would rather see static on the screen then trying to see out of my back window. I barely see my reverse lights.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I really meant, that my tint is really dark and at night when pulling out of my weird garage, it is hard to see. ... I barely see my reverse lights.
Heh. And what I meant was they (and the plate lights, too) illuminate the rear so the camera works so well.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Here are some shots from in my car at night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
The first pic, shows inside the garage with no lights on, to show how dark the tint is to see thru. 8)

In the next pic, I could not get a pic to showup what I see out of the rear. So I have a blurry pic showing how dark it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yep thats what I meant by grainy.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
kcrudup said:
Sweet Fx said:
also note that the RX camera points up at an angle that is much less than the FX. ours points to the ground so as to aide in parking. you cannot do this with the RX camea as it points straight back and therefore it is very difficult to see the curb near the rear bumper. i think that the angle of the camera also contributes to this too. i could, however, just have a better low light capability.

for me, i like to be able to use a camera to park/parallel park instead of just looking back. i tink we get the best of both worlds with this and the grainyness is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
for me, i like to be able to use a camera to park/parallel park instead of just looking back.
I've gotten to the point that once I verify clearance, I can parallel-park with the RVC alone.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
kcrudup said:
bradical said:
for me, i like to be able to use a camera to park/parallel park instead of just looking back.
I've gotten to the point that once I verify clearance, I can parallel-park with the RVC alone.
yup. you can just do the "area clear cleck" and then whip back into a spot fast and be perfectly straight with just the RVC. personally, its one of the best things about the tech package for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts