Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with Fuzion tires please provide with your inputs and sources, thanks
The website below is the cheapest price including S&H that I have found so far. An additional $50 for mount & balance.
$139.44 ea + $53.54 S&H for 4. Total $611.3

https://www.roadwaywholesaletire.com

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Where you gonna get them mounted and balanced? The dealership? That $50 for all 4? I've been wondering where to take my Z once I get new tires from Tirerack. Wonder if Sam would still do it for me since I'm practically family over there... :roll:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
GB John, How much they take for 2 sets? :D

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must,
Sam, our SA will always take good care of you and I, you know that. I will bring the FX in tomorrow for the brake job (FREE at 40K mile).
As you all seen my "slick" tires at the meet, it's time to get some new shoes.
Have y'all heard of service called "mobile wheel&tire service"? they put all their equipments in a long bed truck then come to ppl home for services like patching tire, mount and balance new wheels and tires, etc.
My friend's dad son promised me he will TRY his best to beat prices from TireRack with free installation.... he jsut did it for my dad this morning, will see how's everything going by Monday.
Geaux,
Reseaching and getting pretty good review from Fuzion users, many more but here's 1 example.
http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Fu ... views.html
oh, here's another good one: http://www.epinions.com/pr-Tires-Fuzion ... y_~reviews

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hmm, interesting insatll service you speak of. Still, I think I'd rather go over to CLI and have them mount them up (they know how to do it right, being cautious of the TPS monitors) and balance them on their Hunter 9700. Have to give Sam a call and see what he'd charge me...

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I was going back to all my tire reserch and final found my notes on the Fuzion.

No where (that I could find) (no even at the fuzion home page) was the tire tread life.

I did not like there speed ratings. Tires are rated with one letter not three. The hankook and yokahamas are the only W rated (168) . I did not want any of the v rated (149) for that wishful thinking a SC could drop into my lap. :?

Well that is my .02 not sure if it will help.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks TexFX,
Sweet, I tried and tried but could not get the car over 149mph.... V-rated is good enough for the FX.

I just have learn that the Fuzion tire will be a bit "skinner" and lighter than the OEM GoodYear according to TireRack.

SPEC: -------------FUZION------------OEM(GoodYear)
UTQG: -------------320 AA------------260AA.
Max.Load: ---------2094 lbs-----------2094 lbs.
Max Inflate:------- 51 psi--------------44psi.
Weight: ------------39lbs---------------42lbs.
Sec.Width----------10.6"---------------10.9".
Tread Width--------8.5"----------------9.2".
Dia.-----------------30.5"---------------30.4".

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Thanks.

Being that the fuzion are 320 tread wear, I am happy I choose honkook.

Very Happy

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I learned something interesting when I ordered my BFGs. America's Tire told me that the treadwear rating standards are different for each manufacturer. So any tire can only truly be rated against others from the same company. Don't know how true that is, but that's their story. I still think a 400 something has gotta be better than a 300. my .02.

·
Registered
411 Posts
islandave said:
I learned something interesting when I ordered my BFGs. America's Tire told me that the treadwear rating standards are different for each manufacturer. So any tire can only truly be rated against others from the same company. Don't know how true that is, but that's their story. I still think a 400 something has gotta be better than a 300. my .02.
That's exactly right. treadwear ratings are set by each manufacturer. No real way to compare the number from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Matthew

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A guy at our local FireStone store wanted for a grand total out-the-door of $670 with life time balance and rotation. Sounded good so I did it.
*Question: Do tires need time for brake-in period like cars do?

To those have been complaining about the harsh ride of the FX, these are the tires that should consider, put it on top of your list if you are looking for quite and smooth ride..... like the Lexus RX330.

As I predicted, the Fuzion was WAY skinner than the OEM GoodYear. Set them both side by side and I already wasn't very happy with the Fuzion. The Fuzion tires seat a little taller but the tread and section width were narrower, it didn't fill out the wheel well very nicely like OEM tires, which made me thought about spacers and Eibach lowering springs.

Soon I pulled off the shop, my first impression was: "OMG, what have I done, I want my old bald-out GY back." With this Fuzion tires, the handling was TERRIBLE, it scared the heck out of me. The FX is now seatting on top of 4 rollerblades and I'm no lie. The FX totally lost its spirit/handling.
At a very low speed, 10 to 30 mph, the front tires squirl alot in hard/quick turns like pulled in the parking space, for example. The Fuzion tires have a very soft side wall which can provide a soft, quite and smooth ride but oh boy, it bounced violently when speed reached to 3 digit. I had to immidiately decelerated and re-think of what have had just happended to the car. My G.Y tires were bald, it was not as comfy as the Fuzion but it absolutely did not bounce like that. Phew.

I was very happy and confident with my FX, with the touch of the additional Stillen STB, I thought theFX's handling was awesome, a sport car like. I drive my FX a little bit more aggresive than ppl with Echo so I expect much more from the tires, and this Fuzion tire def. not the tire you can take to your SCCA in the weekend. To those are aggresive driver, I warn ya to stay away, but those are already stuck with the FX and wish for a LExus now here's your chance.

THe gyu told me I have 30 days to try out but looks like I'm scheduling to meet him first thing in the morning. I saw 1 lady with the Falken-01 tires at the dealer ship and thought they looked good so.....

In my pix, notice a bigger gap between the wheelwells and skinner tires, sucks.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So long to Fuzion and hello to Ziex,
The Ziex is lighter than the Fuzion, looks a little wider and slightly taller. Finger test the side wall and it's a bit firmer than the Fuzion but not as firm as our stock tire. Technically, the Ziex is .2" narrower in Tread width and .3" narrower in Section width than STOCK.

The Falken Ziex ST/Z-01 tires are now in the car. First impression was good, not so excellent. In quite road, I acknowledged a little more road noise than my old bald G.Y (I predicted it'd be). Handling probably the same as STOCK and still making that noise (hum) like the Fuzion when wriggling or in quick/sharp turn. THe Ziex is very much more aggresive look than the Fuzion or stock.
For later reference, if we prefer for bigger groves on tread design like this Ziex-01 or Toyo Proxes, it'd be excellent in wet cond. by channeling more water out than just an ordinary tire but at the same time, road noise also will be occured, so keep this in mind for your next shop.
Total out the door cost for this new shoes was $670 plus 2 trips to the store (well actually 3), 3 hours, 1 dozen of donut for the sell guy and $5 tip for installer.
* Overall, I'm very much happy with this Ziex, just wished they more brand in stock like Toyo, Hankook and BF for me to test them all.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Looks nice, much better than the Fuzion.

I am happy for you. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.