Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FX35 model 2006 car, sometimes I drive the car without any issues but I get suddenly engine stalling and then I try to park the car on the sideway. When I start again the car It takes longer time to start again.

The starting of the engine at the first time is normal and decently fast, but the re-starting of the engine after the sudden stoppage is slow.

There is also no problem with acceleration nor any sign of vibration. and the stoppage is not linked with any action I do like braking or climbing a hump or accelerating, as I mentioned it happens occasionally like in 30 minutes to 1 hour.

What may cause such issue?

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
130 Posts
When your car takes longer time to start... I think you might have a sensor problem that will get worse. In addition, heat is affecting the sensor.

Do you have any engine codes? CEL come on?

Get a $25 DTC scanner on Amazon:

Other possible fixes:

A) You might try cleaning your MAF sensor which is easy to do. Just use MAF cleaner. Better still you should replace it. If not now soon.

B) Maybe your Crankshshaft position sensor needs to be replaced? This is the sensor located where the transmission mates with the engine. It is the same part number as the cam sensor, but this one goes out first because the crankshaft spins a lot faster than the cam shaft.

My FX45-8 uses the same sensor design as your FX35-V6. And I recommend you use the Hitachi Crankshaft sensor (#CPS007) since it's OEM. I got it at Autozone for $45. This diagram will give you a good idea of what I am talking about, but be sure to check for the right part that fits your engine. Alternatively, you can get a cheaper sensor on Amazon, but I'm not a fan of China made sensors since quality is questionable much of the time.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts