Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may hurt, so strap yourselves in :( . The Pumpkin has been outrun by a frigging Caddie, then outhandled and outbraked by a 5300 lb Porch. ( 06-2004 issue MT)

'04 Cadillac SRX
V8 AWD 5AT
HP 320 @ 6400 rpm
lb-ft 315 @ 4400 rpm
curb weight 4400 lb

0-60MPH in 6.4 sec
0-100 MPH in 16.3 sec
1/4 mile in 14.6 sec @ 96.3 MPH
60-0MPH in 122ft
600 ft slalom @ 60.3 MPH
200 ft skidpad @ 0.76g
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Infiniti FX45
V8 AWD 5AT
HP 315 @ 6400 rpm
lb-ft 329 @ 4000 rpm
curb weight 4300 lb

0-60MPH in 6.5 sec
0-100 MPH in 17.3 sec
1/4 mile in 14.8 sec @ 95.1 sec
60-0MPH in 115 ft
600 ft slalom @ 62.6 MPH
200 ft skidpad @ 0.82g
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'04 Porsche Cayenne S
V8 AWD 6AT
HP 340 @ 6000 rpm
lb-ft 310 @ 2500 rpm
curb weight 5300 lb

0-60MPH in 6.9 sec
0-100 MPH in 17.3 sec
1/4 mile in 14.9 sec @ 94.9 MPH
60-0MPH in 111 ft
600 ft slalom @ 63.2 MPH
200 ft skidpad @ 0.86g

·
Registered
882 Posts
Can I add something here though...

Maybe i'm a bit biased but the FX looks a lot better than the competition listed :razz:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
check out the CTS-V. too angular for me, but it looks fast as ****!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Their FX numbers aren't too good, either. I average 6.4 with my FX35 and '45 owners that have G-Tech'd have been in the 6.1 area.

The cady is butt ugly anyway and will get left behind in the twisties.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Whoever designs the interior of these Caddys should be fired. The angular exterior isnt working either IMO. Caddy had a nice niche market - old, retired folk. Trying to break out & try to appeal to the younger crowd may not work out so well. Just like what Porsche is doing with the Cayenne.... trying to compete in a market where they dont belong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
some other magazine had 0-60 mph in 6.3 for the FX...there'll always be some variation in numbers and also that some engines are stronger than others.

Caddy had a nice niche market - old, retired folk. Trying to break out & try to appeal to the younger crowd may not work out so well. Just like what Porsche is doing with the Cayenne.... trying to compete in a market where they dont belong.
werd! But many people are buying the Cayenne just for the sake of being able to say "I drive a Porsche".. :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
VK45_FX said:
some other magazine had 0-60 mph in 6.3 for the FX...there'll always be some variation in numbers and also that some engines are stronger than others.
MotorTrend probably forgot to turn the AC off. :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
ujmot said:
Whoever designs the interior of these Caddys should be fired. The angular exterior isnt working either IMO.
Dont forget those nipples on the inside! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
looks like they got their hands on a dud (relatively speaking)

those numbers are very much off from other tests, AND dont jive w/ even my numbers that well.....

agreed, the fx45 LACKS top end punch (0-100 time sucks!!), but this is embarassing indeed....

and, if im correct, the fx35 NOW accelerates and handles as well (if not better) than the 45, which still has a P-T-W ratio which is better.....

nonsense...

as for the caddy, well, it cannot look better inside.....

these components are still coming from the same parts bins as all the other gm/saturn autos do.... there's only so many ways to cover the four spoke steering wheel, or to lay out the grey nobbed heat-cold slider controls.......

or the green led raddio display, or the............

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They actually said that '03 FX45 has posted better handling numbers. And that the " softened-up " 2004 suspension is responsible for shaving 0.02g off the skidpad numbers, as well as the drop of a couple of MPH in the slalom test. So those of you riding on the original kidney-buster suspension can be really proud now, huh ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
dang...if they sofeted the supsension for the 04 I would hate to feel how rough it is in the o3's :?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cayenne gives Porsche black eye in latest J.D. Power survey

By DIANA T. KURYLKO | Automotive News

NEW YORK -- The Porsche Cayenne has been on the market barely a year, but it has dragged the company to the bottom rungs of the industry's most important quality survey.

The high-priced German brand showed 159 problems per 100 vehicles, according to the J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study. That compares with 117 problems in 2003.

The marque's decline is almost entirely due to initial bugs in the Cayenne, a luxury SUV that sells for $41,865 to $90,065. Power places Porsche third from the bottom, above only Volkswagen and Hummer.

The ratings were no surprise to Porsche. "We're disappointed with the results…" said a spokesman for Porsche Cars North America. "But if you look at the fine detail, the majority of problems were related to features and controls."

According to J.D. Power, the most frequently cited problem with the Cayenne had to do with a keyless entry system. Using a radio frequency, the system unlocks the car when it detects the key in an owner's pocket. Some owners complain that the doors unlock when the driver checks the handle immediately after locking them.

Fogging of headlamp lenses was another problem frequently cited. Porsche is aware of both problems and is trying to remedy them, the spokesman said.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
mushutofu said:
dang...if they sofeted the supsension for the 04 I would hate to feel how rough it is in the o3's :?
i have an 03 and i think its just fine. in fact, when i go over the lip they paved in the middle of the highway by my house in my FX and then i am in my neighbors so-called luxury riding Lexus, the lexus makes a HARD BANG! when it goes over, but my FX does not!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
So those of you riding on the original kidney-buster suspension
I guess my kidneys are in better shape than most.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Well I think my suspension has finnaly softened up a bit,
just hit 7k miles and 80F outside for the first time this year.

I already have bad kidneys :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts