Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I searched, but did not find anything on here. I have a squeak that sounds like it is coming from my hatch area, and only on rough roads.

Is this part of the rear hatch warp thing people talk about? I have moved stuff around, but cant find it.

hmm, my cargo mat maybe? :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any other suggesstions? I pulled the rear cargo mat, the spare, sub, cargo net, med kit, moved the seats, moved the head rests, open and closed the hatch, checked for crimps in molding. Silicon spray the molding, moved the headphones, closed/opened the seat console, checked the remote. everything I can imagine.
It is driving me fricking nuts. I have to ROCK OUT every where I go.

Now, I found that my fuel filler door does not close fully. In fact it opens with a push not needing the remote any longer. Any ideas on this one?

When they tightened my calipers on the Service bulliten, it is warped, now, I get a small squeal at low speeds during rotation.

I love this Crossover, but little things eat me alive. AHHHHHHHHH :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
GEAUX said:
It is driving me fricking nuts. I have to ROCK OUT every where I go.
I'll bet my '45 squeaks as badly as "everybody" else's does, but (1) I don't know it and (2) couldn't care less if I did 'cause, as you say, "I rock out".

When they tightened my calipers on the Service bulletin, it is warped, now, I get a small squeal at low speeds during rotation.
That's actually normal; the caliper recall didn't have anything to do with it. FWIW, it has nothing adverse with brake effectiveness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
GEAUX said:
Any other suggesstions?
When they tightened my calipers on the Service bulliten, it is warped, now, I get a small squeal at low speeds during rotation.

I love this Crossover, but little things eat me alive. AHHHHHHHHH :x

this is not right; i BET your lugnutz were not torque-wrenched, and were rather air-gun - tightened.....

back off the lugs a few turns, and then tighten to 80ft-lbs (108nm)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Today I actually drove with my music off and I'm having the same Sqeak I think as GEAUX. Its coming from the rear. Can't find the feakin source!

It sounds like two styrofoam pieces are rubbing together. Its annoying as **** now that i've noticed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
mushutofu said:
Today I actually drove with my music off and I'm having the same Sqeak I think as GEAUX. Its coming from the rear. Can't find the feakin source!

It sounds like two styrofoam pieces are rubbing together. Its annoying as **** now that i've noticed it.
Just a guess, but I had a similar squeek, and discovered that adjusting the tilt angle of the rear seats fixed it...still not sure what exactly was rubbing though. Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
thanks...i'll look into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FromHereToInfiniti said:
mushutofu said:
Today I actually drove with my music off and I'm having the same Sqeak I think as GEAUX. Its coming from the rear. Can't find the feakin source!

It sounds like two styrofoam pieces are rubbing together. Its annoying as **** now that i've noticed it.
Just a guess, but I had a similar squeek, and discovered that adjusting the tilt angle of the rear seats fixed it...still not sure what exactly was rubbing though. Good Luck!
tried that one, and it seemed to work, for a mile or two.

I did raise my center armrest and it actually sounded better, but not good enough. uuuuggggggghh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
I think I figured it out.

It might sound like the rear hatch is squeaking but i think ints the rear lower seat cushion. There are two levers you can pull on which realease the front portion of the rear seat cusion. I pulled up on the seats and slammed them back into postion. Didn't hear any squeaking. I'll see if it lasts till tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mushutofu said:
I think I figured it out.

It might sound like the rear hatch is squeaking but i think ints the rear lower seat cushion. There are two levers you can pull on which realease the front portion of the rear seat cusion. I pulled up on the seats and slammed them back into postion. Didn't hear any squeaking. I'll see if it lasts till tomorrow.

OK, I laid my seats down flat, and NO noise. (center seat belt is stored up and cargo mat is in.

So, I think I found it, but don't know where exactly. I have to have the seats raised, so I have to find it.

Keep you posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Squaky problem fixed. For me its actually the rear lower seat cushion. Two days and no squeak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Also remember to check the two sections of the rear seatbacks, as they might be rubbing together during a little bit of a jostling ride. One of my kids llikes to lean her side of the seat back a little more than the other. When they are not sitting in the back, I notice the rubbing sound, which is somewhat of a squeak.

Glad to hear that your squeak is squashed. I hate it when unnecessary noises interrupt some good music
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sungunner said:
Also remember to check the two sections of the rear seatbacks, as they might be rubbing together during a little bit of a jostling ride. One of my kids llikes to lean her side of the seat back a little more than the other. When they are not sitting in the back, I notice the rubbing sound, which is somewhat of a squeak.

Glad to hear that your squeak is squashed. I hate it when unnecessary noises interrupt some good music
THree days and still no squeak. It is amazing that simply moving the rear seats made that much difference.

Boy, am I glad!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
368 Posts
Hello all.

My FX is giving me the same killer squeak. Exactly as described by Mushutofu here, like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together.

I've had the car a week now and it's very distracting. I should have searched here first because tonight I went nuts.

I pulled out the spare tire, cargo mat, all the tools, put the seats down flat and drove around. No noise, so I assumed it was the spare tire/subwoofer rubbing. SO I put the seats upright... The noise returned. Tomorrow I'll try each seat independently to see which is the culprit.

I didn't realize that the lower seat cushions moved. Going to try that tomorrow as well. Thanks everyone! Darn mysterious sound!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
FXGEEK said:
Hello all.

My FX is giving me the same killer squeak. Exactly as described by Mushutofu here, like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together.

I've had the car a week now and it's very distracting. I should have searched here first because tonight I went nuts.

I pulled out the spare tire, cargo mat, all the tools, put the seats down flat and drove around. No noise, so I assumed it was the spare tire/subwoofer rubbing. SO I put the seats upright... The noise returned. Tomorrow I'll try each seat independently to see which is the culprit.

I didn't realize that the lower seat cushions moved. Going to try that tomorrow as well. Thanks everyone! Darn mysterious sound!
Hey Justin,
Sounds as if your seats are either rubbing together or againts the pillar. Try using some Lexol leather treatment to soften up the leather and make it a little more slick where is is rubbing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
368 Posts
Hi Rene,

I have some leather conditioner that I applied sparingly to the rear armrest. Will see if that fixes it. I also pulled out the seat cushions and reseated them.

Can someone tell me why those are removeable?

Anyway, at least I've narrowed it down to the seat issue. I was worried that it was something structural like a door or the rear hatch. I'll let you know what works after my commute tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
mushutofu said:
Today I actually drove with my music off and I'm having the same Sqeak I think as GEAUX. Its coming from the rear. Can't find the feakin source!

It sounds like two styrofoam pieces are rubbing together. Its annoying as **** now that i've noticed it.
Just a guess, but I had a similar squeek, and discovered that adjusting the tilt angle of the rear seats fixed it...still not sure what exactly was rubbing though. Good Luck!
Ditto! You guys are amazing!!! My FX had developed the dreaded "styrofoam squeak" and I was going crazy trying to locate the offending area. After reading these pertinent posts, I adjusted the rear seat and used the other suggestion of lubricating the leather with Lexol. The result: PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks :!:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top