Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver seat is now squeaking when i accelerate from a dead stop eversince the dealer changed the lower part due to the bubbling effect. Could it be the tech didn't tighten something enough or the whole seat itself? Just curious if anyone has experienced that...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squeek in the seat

Actually, I had just experienced a similar situation in which the front driver’s seat of my FX had a bit of a squeaking problem. At low speeds rolling over speed bumps or any dips in the road would cause this irritating squeak. I contacted the dealer and told them to check it out. As it turned out the seat had been slightly off track and had to be lubricated twice to eliminate the squeak. It has been two months now and I'm squeak free. Hope this helps.

JayBee. :eek:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hey JAYBEE, first post - welcome to the group.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I took my car in for the third time about the squaeking popping noise seat.
They said the seat looked fine and that it could have somehing to do with the TSB out for the popping noise from the underside of the left side car.
After one week my seat is making that popping noise again. I freakin give up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcom msu79gt82.

My FX is the 2003 45 fully loaded with all options Brilliant Silver, Tint with Red Dragon decals on inner pannel of doors, steering wheel, passanger air bag dash, back of cup holder, matching dragon steering wheel cover and floor mats.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
there is a TSB for the dirvers seat clicking and creaking. i had this "fix" dine about 2 or 3 months ago, but i am sad to say that its back again, just as bad as before.

the problem (from what ive been told) is that the bushings is the seat frame tail assembly are made of plastic and that they start to elongate and wear out as the seat moves back and forth from getting in and out or adjusting the seat.

obviously the replacement frame had the same bushings :)

i am going to take me car in this week for standard maint. and talk to them to see if we can figure out a solution. ....... other than lose 25 pounds :lol:

im going to make sure that this isnt just lose bolts or something when they did the replacement too.

ill keep you guys posted...

·
Registered
468 Posts
This is driving me crazy !!!!

I have already replaced this twice on my FX and twice on my old G35C.

This is the 3rd time I've brought my FX in and now they are telling me their is nothing wrong and that it's "normal"

WTF ????

I know I'm a bigger guy ( 6'4 / 260 ) but this is embarassing to have a $45K car and it's sqeeking like a Geo Metro...

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I have a squeak also and I think it is my front seat. It squeaks most on curves, even slow ones like when turning into the driveway. If I shake my body side to side, I get a similar squeak from the seat with the car standing still in park.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I know the squeak you are talking about. My passenger seat seat does it, only when someone there has the seat belt on.
What it is is the seat belt reciever bar is rubbing against the seat frame. To test, take the belt reciever (the female end the belt clips into), pull it towards the front of the FX til it hits the stop. Then move it side to side while holding it towards the front. If you hear a squeak, then you're like me. I am gonna put something in there (rubber) to stop it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
well the dealership certainly didn't fix my seat today...

does anyone know of a TSB I can reference to get them to fix this again...?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
johnmax said:
I know the squeak you are talking about. My passenger seat seat does it, only when someone there has the seat belt on.
What it is is the seat belt reciever bar is rubbing against the seat frame. To test, take the belt reciever (the female end the belt clips into), pull it towards the front of the FX til it hits the stop. Then move it side to side while holding it towards the front. If you hear a squeak, then you're like me. I am gonna put something in there (rubber) to stop it.
I'm going to check to see if that is it in my car. If it is, a little silicone spray on that area should do it. I wouldn't silicone a lot of the seat area unless you like sliding around on the leather.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I checked out my seatbelts today. In my case is is definitely NOT the problem. I get the squeak with or without the belt on and even with a piece of cloth separating the belt and belt receiver from the leather of the seat. I think it is in the seat mounts someplace.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
davezaristo said:
My driver seat is now squeaking when i accelerate from a dead stop eversince the dealer changed the lower part due to the bubbling effect. Could it be the tech didn't tighten something enough or the whole seat itself? Just curious if anyone has experienced that...
I had this problem a while back. The dealership replaced the seat rails.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seat sqeeekkk

I have an 2003 45 and it is doing the annoying nosie as well. I want to take a drill to my head everytime i drive. I am going to delaership today to get checked out. Any reccommendations on what to say

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
mine does the same thing...i had the tracks replaced under warranty...unfortunately, my warrant has run out and it's doing it again and it's not covered...the parts alone are around $1000...the advisor said it's safe it just squeaks...

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I'm sorry to say my seat squeak is back again with a vengeance. It's seriously driving me insane! It squeaks/creaks from the seat rails with even the slightest lateral G force and even on the lowest height setting.

*OMG pulls hair out*

I'm calling my service guy today. :eeeek:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I still have the same squeak I've mentioned before in this thread. At 18,000 miles, the dealer said he couldn't figure out what it was, and didn't want to "take apart the whole car" and not find the problem. At this point, it is incredibly obvious that the squeak is coming from the driver seat. If the passenger seat was used as often as the driver's, I am sure, it would squeak, too. When I bring my car in next time, I will have the dealer fully check it out and fix it. It's very disconcerting in such an expensive car, not to mention embarrassing when there is a passenger and you want them to see how good a car the Infiniti is.

I this is my only complaint with the car that comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Booboobaba said:
I still have the same squeak I've mentioned before in this thread. At 18,000 miles, the dealer said he couldn't figure out what it was, and didn't want to "take apart the whole car" and not find the problem. At this point, it is incredibly obvious that the squeak is coming from the driver seat. If the passenger seat was used as often as the driver's, I am sure, it would squeak, too. When I bring my car in next time, I will have the dealer fully check it out and fix it. It's very disconcerting in such an expensive car, not to mention embarrassing when there is a passenger and you want them to see how good a car the Infiniti is.

I this is my only complaint with the car that comes to mind.
Same here Gary. Last time I asked the dealer to check this out, I was told that there is nothing wrong with the seat :roll: ...and they looked at me as if I was making it up :x

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
My husband looked at the field service manual for me. He tightened all four bolts that secure the seat to the floor of the car. It helped a lot as far as I could tell by a quick drive around the block.

He was able to torque 3 out of 4 bolts and one was noticeably loose.

I'll let you know how the quiet holds up under more driving.

If anyone needs the page I have both the '06 and the '07 FSM. I could make a screen capture for ya.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts