Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only in the morning when i drive the car after it has been sitting overnight the brakes squeak. the squeaking goes away after about 5 minutes or driving the car and braking. But it is still annoying, does anyone know how this can be fixed??? thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
How long has this been going on? Is your vehicle new? Are your pads new? Do you live in a cold weather climate?

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Common problem with the OEM and some aftermarket pads. There is a lot of information on this site about this problem, almost everyone here has dealt with it. I've tried three sets of pads now and only the Hawk HPS do not squeak/squeal/wake the dead when cold.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
True enough GJBenn. I was just noticing he joined Dec 10th and wondering if it might be a brand new FX without the pads / rotors burnished or broken in yet.

BTW, agree with you about the Hawk HPS. Nice pad, nice performance, low dust. Really like 'em.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LIRob said:
How long has this been going on? Is your vehicle new? Are your pads new? Do you live in a cold weather climate?
yea the vehicle is new i only have 1200 miles on it. i followed the break in procedure and never have braked hard for the first few hundred miles. again it only happens in the morning when its been sitting in my cold garage all night and only for a few minutes, i guess when i step on the brakes it goes away. maybe its the cold weather?

P.S. I live in chicago , so yes its coooollllldddddd

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
****. When I saw the thread title, I got excited. I thought this was a thread about how squeaky breaks help. :)

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Well.... with 1200 miles they should be broken in by now. I'd say give it another 1000 miles and see what happens.

If it gets really annoying there are some things you can do. There are some anti squeak sprays that can be applied but you need to pull the brakes to apply them. (Maybe the dealer might do this for you at your next service if you complain and they're into customer service). You could also try to find a quieter pad but as I recall the stock pads were always pretty quiet.

As an aside one thing that's odd about the FX is that the rear pads wear out first and relatively quickly. It was quite a surprise to me when I found that out.

Good luck and I hope the Chicago winter is an easy one. I'll be out there 4 or 5 times between now and April!

·
Registered
462 Posts
MYDGFX said:
Only in the morning when i drive the car after it has been sitting overnight the brakes squeak. the squeaking goes away after about 5 minutes or driving the car and braking. But it is still annoying, does anyone know how this can be fixed??? thanks.
Welcome to **** buddy. I dealt with the same thing for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
MYDGFX said:
yea the vehicle is new i only have 1200 miles on it. i followed the break in procedure and never have braked hard for the first few hundred miles. again it only happens in the morning when its been sitting in my cold garage all night and only for a few minutes, i guess when i step on the brakes it goes away. maybe its the cold weather?

P.S. I live in chicago , so yes its coooollllldddddd
The stock pads will squeal like a pig even in the summer, most notably in reverse. It is really irritating and embarrassing, can't believe Infiniti hasn't fixed it yet by changing pads. I highly recommend you replace the OEM pads with Hawk HPS pads, strong bite and quiet even when very cold. Only time they'll make any noise is when the rotors are wet or have rusted and you'll end up with a bit of noise until the moisture/rust is worn off (but it is not a squeak like the OEM pads).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts