Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
And as I've mentioned before, no squeaky brakes on my 07 FX till I got in a bind and had to replace the pads with el cheapo ceramics... THEN it made noise... till I swapped them out and they've stopped squeaking since... SO, the moral of the story is:

CHANGE YOUR BRAKE PADS OR STOP COMPLAINING

You've made it well known you HATE the squeaking noise but love everything else... We've TOLD YOU how to solve the problem... either fix it, or stop complaining...

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
So... I haven't checked in here for a while. Where are we at? Oh, yes....

1 person with the "common issue of squeaky breaking system"
5 people without the "common issue of squeaky breaking system"

So we're currently at a 17% "epidemic" By those percentages and the false information you propose above, close to 95% of the people in the United States are without a job!!! We have to do something about this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
47K miles on original brakes from my 2009 FX35 and no squeaking. Just breaking in a new FX50 and I have no issues, but I guess I may have just jinxed myself. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get the stats right,

2 people**(op and me) with the "common issue of squeaky breaking system"
5 people without the "common issue of squeaky breaking system"

and 2 of my friends G37 and FX35 same brake squeaky noise.

All I am asking is to help me to find the remedy, if you have no problem with brakes then it's good for you. I will love to be in your situation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CHANGE YOUR BRAKE PADS OR STOP COMPLAINING

???

So basically I buy a new car and have to change the parts so that the problem goes away ? or keep my mouth quiet if there is a problem with the car ?

Haha you are funny, I take that as a joke.

And why would I change factory pre-set parts and components ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You've made it well known you HATE the squeaking noise but love everything else... We've TOLD YOU how to solve the problem... either fix it, or stop complaining...
This is ridiculous you know that ?

As I mentioned I went to Infiniti dealers and Nissan dealers, the tech manager won't do anything, he claims that it's normal that Infiniti make this kind of noise and he told me 95% of all the FX35 is common.

I am not bs*ing, the dealer won't do anything and you are telling me to upgrade brake pads so it eliminates the noise ?

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
CanadaFX35 said:
...95% of all the FX35 is common.

I am not bs*ing
From my informal survey... you are BSing. We now stand at this being a 14% problem and not a 95% problem. It's not as "common" as you seem to think. Pretty soon you will be the 1% and we'll be into a policical discussion about the occupy movement

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
CanadaFX35 said:
I am not bs*ing, the dealer won't do anything and you are telling me to upgrade brake pads so it eliminates the noise ?
Yes... that's EXACTLY what I'm saying... but unfortunately, you don't appear to understand...

This thread is making me lose brain cells... I'm officially done and out...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
kieranlavin said:
LOL, c'mon Dat, where's your sense of adventure?!?
When you've got as few as I have, every single one counts... My last comment in this thread... really... this time... really... ... ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes... that's EXACTLY what I'm saying... but unfortunately, you don't appear to understand...
No no no :?:

I don't think you understand me. If manufacturer makes defective brake pads and sell it as it is, then it's consumer's responsibility to fix that under the warranty ?

You suggested me to change the factory brake pads so the squeaky noise will go away, my question is, why in the first place this car make brake squeaky noise ? Shouldn't cause all of you said you DO NOT HEAR.

So I will accept that this is only my problem on my FX, and some says it's my "driving style" (<--- real joke), implies you have no defective brakes but me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Squeaking Brakes

I'm coming to this discussion rather late but I'm just beginning to look into this problem. I'm a new owner of a CPO 2012 FX35. As I left the lot with a huge smile on my face, mileage had just hit 14,000. Less than two months after my purchase and only about 1000 miles, the car started to develop a high pitched squeal when pressing the brakes lightly at the end of a stop (ie. less than 10 mph.). Over the course of a week, this got progressively worse. The sound seemed to be coming from the rear brakes. Under heavy braking, the car was silent but light "final" braking was a different story. I took the car to a dealer and they said the pads simply needed a "brake" grease applied to the rear of the pads, the brakes had plenty of material left and what I was actually hearing was a high pitched squeal caused by vibration between the brake pad backing and the piston. They did the repair for free. I left the lot with a quiet car.

Within three days, the squeak was back. Again it started slowly and then got louder. I returned to the dealer and made a case that this should be repaired under warranty at no cost to me. They kept the car for two days, replaced the rear pads and resurfaced the rotors. Strangely enough, when I looked back at the original CarFax, the dealer I purchased the car from had also resurfaced the rotors when the lease was turned in. I'm not a mechanic but I've worked on a fair amount of cars in my time starting with my first car, a 1966 VW Bug. My question is simply, "why would rotors need to be resurfaced with so little mileage or wear"? How could they develop significant damage in that short of time and with so few miles?

Prior to this purchase, I had a 2002 Toyota Highlander. The car served me well with no problems whatsoever. My final mileage had topped 139,000 when I made the trade in.

It seems apparent to me that the brake system (rotors and pistons) for a car of this size are simply inadequate and are at the heart of this problem. I would appreciate any advice; for the moment, my car is quiet again. I'm not sure what will happen in another six months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canada FX35 -- Did changing the pads to none OEM work? I too have the squeaking problem with only 13,000 miles.

After reading this thread I'm scared to ask. Seems some of the senior members on the forum really are douchebag extraordinaires.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts