Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
CanadaFX35 said:
consumer report org says it all
But still... squeaky brakes means brake pads... you want the squeak to go away? Change the brake pads to a QUIETER and less PERFORMANCE oriented brake pad... only BMW OEM brake pads really perform well and quietly, but then the REST of the car...

·
Registered
27 Posts
DatMan said:
CanadaFX35 said:
consumer report org says it all
But still... squeaky brakes means brake pads... you want the squeak to go away? Change the brake pads to a QUIETER and less PERFORMANCE oriented brake pad... only BMW OEM brake pads really perform well and quietly, but then the REST of the car...

Ya, I understand your helpful advice but what I do not understand is why just my Infiniti makes squeaky noise ? that's what I am curious about.

Like I mentioned here that I owned G35 coupe, Acuras, Nissans, Mercedes, non of these SUVs had squeaky noise and my driving style is same in the past years.

So I was questioning Infiniti Brake System if there is any flaw.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
CanadaFX35 said:
So I was questioning Infiniti Brake System if there is any flaw.
Performance pads = more noise... assuming the noise vs. performance was "acceptable" to INFINITI's heads... if you want to get rid of the noise, get rid of the OEM pads... every car has problems... the fact that this problem is easily fixed compared to the electrical problems of most German cars doesn't make it a big deal IMO... just like the crappy OEM tires on the 1st Gens... I burned mine off as fast as I could and got a nicer set right away... easy fix...

·
Registered
27 Posts
So, I went to Infiniti for the 3rd time, same brake squeaky noise.
Now I have about 7,000km, squeaky noise even louder and clear everytime I come to the stop.

Worst piece of @#[email protected]@#%# SUV than I thought.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Wonder if Ghost Hunter is back... he could add squeaky brakes, and transmission problems to his hate list...

·
Registered
27 Posts
You guys don't know how painful to live with this noise.

Everytime I come to the stop I hear, "squeak squeak, squeakyyyyy me !" and louder louder, and louder just like my brake pads were hooked to the hifi audio amp.

Some hot chic at the bus stop looked at me with nice FX and hear my brake noise and completely turn her head, then she spots nice shinny Toyota RAV4 come to the stop w/o the brake noise,.

"Hey look at me, I drive Infiniti FX35", realized it's too late and doesn't work....

What a big disappointment. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh ya, transmission on 2009+ FX has some sort of in weird ratio, you've probably seen that in youtube people complaining.

But I actually appreciate that cause it saves lot of fuel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought an infiniti cause I thought it was a luxury brand and my budget allow me to write it off.

And why not picking up the girl while you have a chance ? :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thought I will share this, not sure this applies to 2nd generation fx35.

I OWN A 2004 INFINITI FX35 AWD. THERE'S A SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM THE FRONT BRAKES WHEN BRAKING AND ALSO WHEN I DRIVE NORMALLY NOT APPLYING BRAKES. I NOTICED THE NOISE AROUND 20,000 MILES. I TOOK THE CAR INTO MY LOCAL INFINITI DEALER (INFINITI OF THOUSAND OAKS) IN JANUARY 2006 WHEN I HAD OTHER SERVICES TO DO (ABOUT 30,000 MILES & 80% OF BREAK PAD LIFE LEFT AT THAT TIME). THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO FIX IT AND THE NOISE HAVE BEEN GETTING LOUDER. I'VE TAKEN IT INTO THE SAME INFINITI DEALER ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS BUT THE DEALER COULD NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM EACH TIME. AS OF 10/11/06, THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT IT'S A GLAZED ROTOR AND IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. I'VE RESEARCHED MANY INFINITI FORUM AND NOTICED THAT THERE ARE NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS ABOUT FX 35, QX45, AND G35 BREAKING SYSTEM. ALSO THE INFINITI DEALER SERVICE ADVISOR, SERVICE MANAGER, AND SERVICE DIRECTOR TELLS ME THAT ABOUT 90% OF FX DO HAVE THIS BRAKE SQUEAKING PROBLEM AND THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE INFINITI CORPORATION WILL NOT REIMBURSE THEM FOR THIS COMMON PROBLEM. THEY DON'T FEEL IT IS NOT RIGHT AS WELL BUT THEIR EXCUSE IS THAT THEY ARE FINANCIALLY TIED FROM DOING THE REPAIR. I DON'T THINK THIS IS ACCEPTABLE QUALITY OF SERVICE OR PRODUCT FOR A LUXURY BRAND CAR COMPANY AND DEALER.

Source : http://www.arfc.org/complaints/2004/inf ... 70653.aspx

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Please come and drive my FX. My brakes have never squeaked in the 8 years ive owned it, aside from when they are low and hitting the feelers. Probably 98% of us dont have this issue. And ive seen many 09+ fxs and havent heard them making the noises you say. So it must be your FX. Get someone competent to fix it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dude, it's not that I am not competent or lazy to fix my brake problem.

It's that Infiniti, so far in 3 different dealers (2 infiniti and 1 nissan) don't want to do anything with my brake squeaky noise.

They say it's perfectly normal to hear the noise like that and in fact the 2 "tech" managers told me all the infiniti 95% of have this kind of noise especially when you reverse or come to the low speed.

Now, you want the proof ? I will scan the inspection sheets and post here if you don't believe me.

So, where am I wrong with this ?

Believe me I like to solve this issue and I purchased Infiniti just like you guys here cause I love the car.

Something fishy here with fx35 brake problems and dealers don't know or don't want to repair.

All my previous vehicles including few SUVs and Coupes didn't have this problem.

2 of my close friends drive FX and G37 and it's lot louder than mine, so you as someone never encountered this problem is telling me I am wrong not the car ?

Beside, it's pretty painful to live with this noise another 3 years of my lease. This is disgusting.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
CanadaFX35 said:
They say it's perfectly normal to hear the noise like that and in fact the 2 "tech" managers told me all the infiniti 95% of have this kind of noise especially when you reverse or come to the low speed.
So, from the informal survey here we have

1 person with the "common issue of squeaky breaking system"
2 people without the "common issue of squeaky breaking system"

So... this is not a 95% issue but a 33% issue

21 - 40 of 61 Posts