Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - i am new here...I purchased my 2010 FX35 in December of 2009. it has 16,400k and the brakes squeak. i took it to the dealer to have them look at them and they basically said that they can't do anything about the noise.

the fact that this is a brand new car with only 16k, i feel as though this shouldn't be. i didn't have this issue on my 2008 G37S or any other vehicle ever....not sure if anyone has had the same issue, if so is there anything that can be done about it? i would love some input :D

thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Hard to know what kind of brake squeak you are talking about. If its just a moderate amount of high pitch squeak when coming to a stop in forward motion, with no vibration, I would guess its just brake dust. Try hosing off your brake rotors and see if that doesn't make it go away.

If you only have 16,400 miles, I doubt its your pads that need replacing. Stock pads don't squeak that much either.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My 2011 brakes squeak a little in the morning, but not after the first stop or two, My son's Jeep SRT8 squeaks but he says it's a fact of SRT8 life... I take it you have stock brakes and not a big brake kit (which might contribute).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - thanks for the replies. yes they are factory brakes. the squealing is only when i am breaking and no vibration. I was told that resurfacing the rotors wouldn't be helpful...is that true? i can feel the ridges on them when i run my fingers across them. I tend to be heavy footed when driving and probably hit the brakes pretty hard...but i have never had brake issues in the past on any car. i am quite disappointed with Infiniti and this car in particular. i loved my G37S and i drove that car for 2 years with out any brake problems or even replacing them. now it was a MS, which may have helped save the brakes some, but i drove it fast all the time....the dealership said that they would "oil" the brake pads for me when i bring it back in to replace the seat belt sensor that went bad. do you think that it may help?

·
Registered
314 Posts
The SRT8 quiets down after spraying with a lubricant of some sort (made for that purpose) so it may help. It's a bandaid not a cure but it restores sanity! LOL
---
Via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
If you feel ridges on the rotors then there is DEFINITELY something wrong... I would bring this up with the SA the next time you go in... strange that you don't feel any vibration though...

In some INFINITIs (Gs included) there were some problems with the brakes... pretty much driving too hard and braking too hard causing the rotors to "warp"... this either required turning the rotors or some people have claimed that slamming on the brakes REALLY hard a couple of times also helps to clean off the debris on the rotors that give them the "warped" effect... remember that the FX is heavier than the G and so it's also harder on the brakes...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same problem, I purchased a brand new 2011 FX35, mine has about 6k now, I noticed the brake squeaking since 3k odometer. Yeah that's right 3k only !.

I took it to the dealership for a check and they don't/won't do anything. This is ridiculous.
I am going to schedule for another examination, if they don't do anything my business with Infiniti is done, better off driving Hyundai or Kia.

By the way, the dealership I bought this car is in Canada, Alta infiniti at woodbridge, not sure if other infiniti dealership have better technical diagnostic.

any thought/idea I should take on to resolve this annoying noise ?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got off the phone with the service guy at Infiniti and he told me squeaky noise it normal in the cold morning especially when you reverse.

WHat the !, I had G35 coupe and never had this problem. in fact I also had Xterra SUV and never heard brake noise.

My dad has cheap Kia SUV and no noise at all !. What is this infiniti ? starts to disappointing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure I understand why some dealers would do "nothing" with a warranty item which would be 100% covered by Infiniti. Who are you talking with? I'm on my 3rd Infiniti with same dealer and they have never blown me off like it seems some others have. Guess I should be really glad I'm in ATL with a responsive dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think there is a flaw with Infiniti Brake System. I read from other discussion forum that 90% of Infiniti have brake problems prior to 2006 models. Not sure if that will apply to 2nd generation FX.

Anyways, I had Acura, Nissan, Mercedes, and 2 Infinitis in the past and never had brake noise when I back out from the garage. Thought Infiniti should be reliable but my confidence level is sinking big time day by day.

Another note is, my friend who drives 2010 G37x has the same problem, brake squeaky noise when back out from the garage.

What is this ? should have known before buying FX35. :(

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Not all do this. If you look around in the brakes forum here you can find why and how to fix it...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
My 07 never did this with OEM pads... then never did it when I switched to ceramic pads... does this now when cold with my HAWK HPS pads... not a squeak actually but definite brake noise... hard to explain... happens with performance brakes... ceramics don't give as good performance but are quieter and give off less brake dust... performance pads, in general, are noisy...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not all do this. If you look around in the brakes forum here you can find why and how to fix it...
I couldn't find any resolution in this forum, I am new here.
Can you point me to there or if you "actually" know the solution and know why can you elaborate ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey DataMan, I see that you have Garmin GVN53 installed on the 1st generation FX.

Was it hard to install ? I search and search and search for 2nd generation Garmin installation and couldn't find detail instruction with photos. :(

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Wow, if brakes squealing is the biggest issue, I'd say you guys have a pretty good vehicle. My brakes squeal because I swapped out to a better pad and, even then, it's only when I'm *LIGHT* on the brakes. Try using the brakes as they're made to be used... USE them and don't pussyfoot when applying the brakes. I'll bet they're squealing because of your braking style and you're only applying the brakes 1/8 or 1/4 way

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, if brakes squealing is the biggest issue, I'd say you guys have a pretty good vehicle. My brakes squeal because I swapped out to a better pad and, even then, it's only when I'm *LIGHT* on the brakes. Try using the brakes as they're made to be used... USE them and don't pussyfoot when applying the brakes. I'll bet they're squealing because of your braking style and you're only applying the brakes 1/8 or 1/4 way
Are you serious ? it's my driving style causes the brake to make squeaky noise ? haha. You are kidding right ?

This reminds me iPhone 4 antenna problem, when Steve Jobs replied "don't use your left hand to hold the phone..." that is not the right way to hold the phone. WTH !

If what you are saying is true that affects me then certainly affects at least few other people here including my 2 other friends drive the same car with the same problems !.

·
Registered
27 Posts
FYI, I scheduled for the second appointment to inspect the brake squeaky noise at Woodbine Infitini here.

Let's see if they can fix it or make the noise go away like "all" other normal cars.

Will update this soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So after my second visit to Infiniti they said squeaky sound is normal for Infiniti.
Uh....... I don't understand but I guess I have to live with this noise for another 3 and half years until my lease ends.

I checked the consumer report org site and many reports about the Infiniti brake problems, well the squeaky noise might not be a real problem but it's annoying.

I am done with Infiniti. :(

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
CanadaFX35 said:
I am done with Infiniti.
Really? Get a set of cheap ceramic brake pads and move on...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts