Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone have a squeaky brake problem? I bought my FX brand new in August 2005. In the morning, my brakes squeak ! THe dealer said this is perfectly normal.. which I am not sure is correct.. ANyone else have this issue?? Thanks... Also the button that switches stations on the radio on the steering wheel doesnt work either.. Only a 2 month old car!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Squeeky brakes are normal, at least they were in mine when i first bought it. They go away after a few hundred miles. they still squeek alittle after i wash the "Black Beauty" as far as the button, take it back to the dealer and have them fix it asap. hope this helps.

·
Registered
232 Posts
yup...i have the same squeaky break problem too. i was just at the dealer because i had to drop off the car to get the cd player and the dash speaker changed, they told me its because of the pads or something, and that they cant do anything about it, which i think is bs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah...mine is only 3 months old and they squeak like a MOFO when I back up ONLY!

They have NEVER squeaked when braking forward.

Embarrassing...I took it to my dealer who ALSO said that they couldn't do anything about it. :x

BUT..I DID have an emergency situation the past weekend. A lady just barrell assed into my lane and nearly sideswiped me with the family in the car. :evil: I wanted to KILL her!

The brakes handled very well and did not lock up. Like Kenny says..I would rather them squeak and WORK GREAT, then put some non squeaking pads on that would compromise braking performance.

Haze

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
oh boy....

this is NOT normal in most cases.

under normal condtions they may squeal when it rains or if there is a lot of dust and crap that builds up.....but.

this is a KNOWN problem with the brakes on the FX and there is a TSB for it.

i took mine in for it last week and they DID NOT do the TSB. they said it was just dust and that all they had to do was sand the pads....well that lasted 2 days (this is before the rains).

well now they are squealing both directions but it has been raining. if it continues for a couple of weeks after it clears up, im going back to have the TSB done.

in a nutshell, this did NOT happend on my 03 after 1.5 years and 27K miles (and i never heard anyone else with this issue)....but...with the 05's EVERYONE seems to have it.

take it in...tell em there is a TSB and see waht they do. if they dont do the TSB and it happens again, you can ride em about it ;)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well..brake stuttering TSB is different from the break squealing noise :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Mine squeals only on Back up too, when cold. Get groaning sound at forward stop until warmed up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yup, mine squeeks too only in reverse. I took it to the dealer and he said it was a known problem and replaced the rear brake pads under warranty. That was 3000 miles ago. Recently they started squeaking again so at my next oil change I'm going to request they change the front pads under warranty to fix the problem. We'll see what the dealer says to that. 8)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Bradical,

When I spoke to the dealer's service manager, I mentioned the TSB and even emailed it to him. He said that the '05 uses different materials than the 04's as if to say, "they are better now". His excuse had to do with the fact that the rear brakes aren't vented and it is hard to get them to not squeak.

When I say squeak...I mean SQUEAL. I had to back out of my parents driveway...a long one DOWNHILL ...about 50 yards long...it squealed the WHOLE way down. It was a sunny day and my brakes were completely dry.

I don't know what to do. The dealer is basically telling me "that's just the way it is."

I don't want to risk jeopardizing braking performance. If ANYONE gets this resolved...please let us know ASAP.

Haze

·
Registered
30 Posts
Only when backing up

I only have that problem when im backing up. The dealer said it was "excessive brake dust". I really dont care, although it shouldnt happen in a $47k vehicle. When i wash my car i spray the brake part of the wheel and i dont hear the noise for a day or two.

As for the button problem, i would see the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
a personally know mechanic were able to apply grease to certain part, not sure which one and it goes away for few months, but eventually comes back. Its a bit sad so many ppl have this same problem. My 02 Accord NEVER EVER even did that. I guess Infiniti is still a Nissan after all, but still love the car! javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts