Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I recall a thread in the other forum covering this topic, but the search function is down over there. Does anyone have problems with their brakes squeaking loudly? Mine were really bad last weekend. When I dropped it off for the SAT radio fix, I had them look at the brakes. I was told that they cleaned them and they were about 50% worn which means that have 65% to go. Please tell me how that makes sense. I was also told that these brakes were not made for driving in LA with the stop and go traffic. What they usually do is get the car up to 40 mph and then slam on the brakes to break the monotony of stop & go. Does this make any sense or was he just full of BS?

·
Registered
39 Posts
How many miles on the odometer? They told you that you're going to get 115% utilization from your brakes? Not bad. Also, is this math prodigy telling you that YOU drive in this aggressive and ridiculous manner or that most people in LA bring their cars up to 40 mph and then slam on their brakes?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are 4000 miles on the odometer. As for the reckless driving... he said that's what they do. Whether that was the method they used on my car this time around, I don't know. I'm starting to like Kenny's idea of going to Thousand Oaks. Either that or I may switch to another service rep at the same dealer. My neighbor across the street highly recommends someone else there, but that might just be because she thinks he's cute. I don't know. This is a person who applies her makeup on her front porch with a handheld mirror. She sits with her back to us while she does this so that she can look at what we're doing through the mirror. We call her Gladys Kravitz. I don't think she's a reliable source.

·
Registered
20 Posts
she may however, be an insightful source regarding the reflective properties of pancake makeup. don't sell her short! :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem with my '04 35. My dealer checked it out and replaced the rear pads with a new design of a different composition. Apparently this is something that Infiniti knows about.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Try putting on some fresh anyti break squeal compound. The squaling sound is actually not coming from the brake pad against the rotor. Its actually coming from the brake pad and the caliper housing it sits in rubbing against each other. I know it sounds counter intuitive but its true.

The Acura TL had a lot of break issues and this topic was covered extensively. Not sure if this will kill your squaling but it may help/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts