Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springs- Eibach vs. H&R...your thoughts on quality, performance or reputation?
My Wife is totally against but, I'm the one who drives it 99% of the time. I think my lowered Vette is to blame for her lack of acceptance...it scrapes just about everything in sight. :p

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I think Eibach is the only real player in the FX game... H&R kit for the FX I think is still a dream, nobody I have talked to has ever seen a real kit.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
AfterFX said:
My Wife is totally against but, I'm the one who drives it 99% of the time. I think my lowered Vette is to blame for her lack of acceptance...it scrapes just about everything in sight. :p
All this talk about buying winter 18's / Now lowering. :) Wait till spring (After Snow) maybe by then we can Both convince our wives. :? Same problem as you except mine drives it 90% of the time, tougher battle, may need your help, brnjug45 already tried. She sees you driving around alot. (might need your help on a sound clip for JC and others)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShadyJC said:
I think Eibach is the only real player in the FX game... H&R kit for the FX I think is still a dream, nobody I have talked to has ever seen a real kit.
Yup, I noticed the Tire Rack has had the H&R on back order for quite sometime.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PINITI-FX said:
AfterFX said:
All this talk about buying winter 18's / Now lowering. :) Wait till spring (After Snow) maybe by then we can Both convince our wives. :? Same problem as you except mine drives it 90% of the time, tougher battle, may need your help, brnjug45 already tried. She sees you driving around alot. (might need your help on a sound clip for JC and others)
The Vette won't see much road use during the next few months, I'll need some FX mods to keep me busy during the winter.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I like your stealth V-1 install, wanna do another? :shock:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
"I think Eibach is the only real player in the FX game..."

There is only one player so far,if installed correctly,no problems,no clearance issues

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I know it's a long shot and others can start the debate on whether it is a reputable company but I have been in contact with TANABE (http://www.tanabe-usa.com) who are considering developing a FX spring kit... should know whether they will proceed in mid-December.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
springs

Contrary to any one elses comments,we all benefit when someone else comes into the game

H&R was promising before I ordered mine in Feb and still not available

·
Registered
549 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
"I think Eibach is the only real player in the FX game..."

There is only one player so far,if installed correctly,no problems,no clearance issues
Besides the above points, it's a relatively modest lowering of ~1.5" with a variable spring rate that matches well with the stock struts/shocks. Great curb appeal though, not to forget the handling and ride improvement.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I ordered the H&R's from Tirerack and ended canceling the order back in August. I ended ordering the Eibachs instead...just couldn't wait any longer. I'm glad I did! :p

H&R is a very reputable company and produces excellent products.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
There are only two people in Taiwan so far that has lowered theirs with Eibach's. One is me another is a fellow member and I must say it does drive better and takes corners smoother too.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
For those of you who've done the Eibachs, can you tell us how much was the total cost, installed? I was just at a shop yesterday (picked up & installed my K&N), and asked them for an estimate...came to roughly $850-900 ($450 for labor at $71/hr).

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I can tell you it does not take 6 hours to install the springs. I had my springs taken out and re-installed yesterday afternoon and it took 2 hours at most including doing the aliment.

Jim

·
Registered
566 Posts
How’s the ride quality on bad roads? Any observed changes in the ride aside of the better performance?

TIA.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
As for me, I cant really say much about bad roads, because I have not taken my FX offroading, I have been freeway and local drives. It does get a little bumpy on roads that needs to be repaired but overall not too bad.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
My install was $400 by a shop I have used for years and which built its reputation on Vettes and now Jags/AstonMartins.Costs are high!But $300 is possible in this area.

Rough roads,of which we have plenty,will tax you,as will side to side pitches BUT normal roads are better and ride smoothes in 500-1K miles

There are few parts pf the country with worse roads(even Interstate)an you are reminded negatively of the change rarelyThe handling plus is everyday,especially when you are racing someone who knows they are in a "sporty car" :roll:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks. It does make the stance look better and the lowering in center of gravity, I'm sure, is great for performance while being reminded negatively of the change rarely is the icing on the cake. Ahh, with just a bit more tweaks may be we can substitute an "s" for the "y" in "sporty car".

PerformanceNissan is out of them currently so may be sometime in the future.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts