Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for anyone that might know. I am planning to install the STB on my 2005 FX45 as soon as grubbs gets more in stock, and I have just started looking at installing the eibach springs as well. My first question is does the STB raise the COG on the FX at all? I take corners pretty hard and and would like to know if this is the case. I know the springs lower it, which leads me to my second question. I plan to take the FX on road trips and might max out the cargo space, would installing the springs mean that the car would be riding on the rear bump stop with a moderate load in it? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Boogscraft, the STB should not affect the COG at all, it will just stiffen up the chassis... with the STB and Eibach springs installed I can take corners very hard when I want to - which my little boy enjoys :D but my wife doesn't appreciate as much :oops:

If your shop does the job right you should not run into a bump stop issue. I regularly have 3 other people in the car with me, 2 of which are 6-2"/6-3" and are pretty stocky, with no issues... hmm... but if you put something on the hitch and cantilever weight off the back of the vehicle that may be something to worry about with the springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.