Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a get together next month to meet and greet, talk shop and check out each others FX's. There are about 10 people committed to the meet already and it would be great to have more people come. It's a two stage event; the first starts in the early am for those who want to take photos of the cars with the chicago backdrop. The group will then caravan to Busse Woods (across Woodfield Mall) where we will meet with other FX's.

1st Location: Addler Planetarium ~ 8-8:30 a.m. (yes, that is early) for photos with the Chicago skyline, Lake shore drive, etc..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 26157&z=16

Second Location: The group will then cruise to Busse Woods and arrive around 11:30-12:00 where we will meet with those who couldn't make it to the morning event:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 52314&z=15

There are plenty of parking spaces and greenery. People are encouraged to bring fold-able chairs, drinks, chips or whatever you'd like. Food has not yet been finalized; not sure if we bring in food (popeyes, bbq) or just cruise over to one of the many eateries in the area. This is open to discussion.

There are a few who are on this site that are already aware and will be attending. I hope the others in the area will come as well.

Confirmed Planetarium Meet 5/22 8-830 am:

Chedman13
PMG

Confirmed Busse Woods Meet:
Chedman
FX45Chicago
PMG

If you can make it, please add yourself to the list. Nothing like spending a Sunday afternoon with good people talking all things FX.

**** how can I embed the maps?*****

·
Registered
44 Posts
I might suggest meeting for lunch in Schaumburg, as Texas de Brazile normally has a $20 lunch that's basically the entire menu, and the afternoon meet is right scross from Woodfield Mall. Just an idea that keeps people from eating in the sweetest ride on earth...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
MMMM Texas de Brazil..... There is a way you can embed the map, but I cant get it to work. At least it wont take the html. But when you have a map, you can click on the "get a link" and it will also give you "embed html" which you can copy and paste. Maybe we dont have html enabled here... I'll find out.

Get some good pics guys!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Sounds awesome but as usual, I'm too far away... take lots of pics!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jsimonson0 said:
I might suggest meeting for lunch in Schaumburg, as Texas de Brazile normally has a $20 lunch that's basically the entire menu, and the afternoon meet is right scross from Woodfield Mall. Just an idea that keeps people from eating in the sweetest ride on earth...
Not a bad idea.. Lunch will most likely come after the meet in Busse Woods so we can all vote to go to Texas, Portillos, a bar, etc..

rumster said:
I'm game for both events.
Nice, you're one of the early birds.. I live in downtown so this is a 5 minute ride for me.. I will be there along with about 6 others at the moment.

DatMan said:
Sounds awesome but as usual, I'm too far away... take lots of pics!
Nothing wrong with flying in and shipping the car via train. I can pick you up at O'hare :wink:

johnmax said:
MMMM Texas de Brazil..... There is a way you can embed the map, but I cant get it to work. At least it wont take the html. But when you have a map, you can click on the "get a link" and it will also give you "embed html" which you can copy and paste. Maybe we dont have html enabled here... I'll find out.

Get some good pics guys!
Tried to embed the code or provide a link, but it didn't take.. Don't worry about the pics, I'm a photo hobbyist and I'm sure lot's of people will be bringing dslr's.

UPDATED LIST:

Chedman13
PMG
Rumster

Chedman
FX45Chicago
PMG
jsimonson0

Can't wait for this 4 weeks to pass.. This will be a lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
LOL... would LOVE to have an excuse to drive down... but not anytime in the near future... too busy with work :(

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
UPDATED LIST:

Chedman13
PMG
Rumster

Chedman
FX45Chicago
PMG
jsimonson0
FireRn

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to have another 2G going.. So far we've got 3, two graphite 35's and a pearl 50 coming in from Michigan.. and about 13 1st gens :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jsimonson0 said:
Oooo, I'm a planetarium meet. Got flag football to support in the PM that day...
You could always move the flag football over to Busse woods :lol:

UPDATED LIST: PEOPLE ON THE ORG

Chedman13
PMG
Rumster
jsimonson0

Chedman
FX45Chicago
PMG
FireRn

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BUMP FOR NEXT WEEK:

Updated list:

Planetarium/Early Birds:
dlaska
jdTrader
pmg 705
blueduck1105
Chedman13
la_fx35
FX45Chicago

Noontime Busse Woods meet and greet:
1) la_fx35----------(03 FX35)
2) blueduck1105----(07 FX35)
3) Chedman13------(03 FX45)
4) AeroBFA---------(04 FX35)
5) PMG 705---------(10 FX35)
6) Slamming45------(03 FX45)
7) jdTrader---------(09 FX50S)
8.) dlaska-----------(06 FX45)
9) Chief-----------(06 FX35)
10) Frankiago-------(Evo)
11)Marus-----------(FX45 )

8:00 am - meet at planetarium, say hello and take pics at various location (can be discussed later)..
9:45 am - grab sum breakfast (China town; dim sum?)
11:00 am- leave for Busse Woods
11:45 am- arrive and secure venue

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated list:

Planetarium/Early Birds:
Rumster
jsimonson0
dlaska
jdTrader
pmg 705
blueduck1105
Chedman13
la_fx35
FX45Chicago

Noontime Busse Woods meet and greet:
1) la_fx35----------(03 FX35)
2) blueduck1105----(07 FX35)
3) Chedman13------(03 FX45)
4) AeroBFA---------(04 FX35)
5) PMG 705---------(10 FX35)
6) Slamming45------(03 FX45)
7) jdTrader---------(09 FX50S)
8.) dlaska-----------(06 FX45)
9) Chief-----------(06 FX35)
10) Frankiago-------(Evo)
11)Marus-----------(FX45 )
12)FireRn----------(09 FX35)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day turned out to be pretty nice and sunny... Nice to see the cars out... Good to have met FireRN here on the org.

After noticing that EVERYONE was taking pics, I decided to put mine away because we started to look kinda strange.. I went to both meets, but didn't take any pics at Busse woods, I'll get some from another member and post them here as well...

We had 7 cars in the am, lost 2 at busse, but gained 3 more FXs.. Overall, I decent turnout..

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Nice pics!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got to the Adler around 8:30, guess I missed you guys out and about picture-taking. Got some nice photos with the lakefront as a backdrop, though. Perfect morning for it too...

[attachment=2:2rt9pfca]PIC_4993.JPG[/attachment:2rt9pfca]
[attachment=1:2rt9pfca]PIC_4987.JPG[/attachment:2rt9pfca]
[attachment=0:2rt9pfca]PIC_4981.JPG[/attachment:2rt9pfca]

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh man, **** that sucks... we were 1/4 mile south of you, on Northerly Island... I should have pm'd you my cell, but I wasn't sure if anyone on the org was coming as I didn't get any replies on this thread for 1.5 weeks..

Sorry man.

come to think of it, did you leave around 9:30-9:40? I saw a silver car drive off when we were heading out after these shots. Was that you?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts