Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my NAV decided to go frigging insane on me. I was supposed to go from A to B via what turned out to be a straight line, and it instructed me to make 4 turns in the process :roll: . Then I had to go to another address which was a commercial building, and about 300 ft to my destination on the left, the **** thing told me to make a right and drive into residential area for a fresh bunch of right/left turns before eventually getting me to a point where I was 5 minutes earlier. So I figured I'd better head to Chambers to sort out this and driver seat/armrest rattle issues while I'm there. The manager said they could reset the NAV, but whether or not it'll fix the problem he didn't know.

As far as the seat cushion replacement, he said they'll need to take a photo to submit it with the claim to Infiniti for authorization. It'll take 3-4 days to get the part in, and the actual install is likely to be an all-day affair. I said I was concerned about retaining glitch-free communication between the memory/power functions and dash control unit, and about the likelyhood of something getting efd up in the process of the swap. But he said it shouldn't be too complicated. This somewhat differs from what I was told by a Kelly manager when I called'em concerning the seat in February. He told me to bring the vehicle in so they can ID the problem before ordering new parts. There wasn't any mention of a need for authorization from Infiniti.

Lastly, about the rattling armrest. Suprise, suprise but they have no quick fix for it :evil: . I did warn him that they won't be driving my auto all over bumps trying to replicate the problem because by the time they're done I might need a new suspension.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Best way to fix the armrest rattles is to just sit and bang the thing around, track them down and pad the areas with small pices of adhesive backed felt. I did this and it's silent and solid now.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Did you speak to Robert? You know, he took photos of my seat too but I'm not getting any fix for it! What's that about? Also I complained about a squeak from my suspension and I got the whole "couldn't replicate squeak" thing. Bah. The service people also stole something out of my center storage tray under my armrest.

:evil:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, formerly known as Roberto. You have to remember though that at Chambers you car is handled by 3 sets of people. The porters, the techs, the wash crew and then again the porters. So don't be suprised if any of your stuff disappers after service. About 4 years ago a weather rubber seal from the rear door of my old Infiniti vanished after a visit to them. The manager then was pinhead Peter. When I returned a week later to tell him what had happened he looked at me like my hair was on fire :roll: . And how was I gonna prove by that time that they did it, anyway ? Honestly, I'd much rather have the vehicle serviced at Kelly, but they're some 40-frigging-miles away from my house. You drive back-n-forth plus the wait time and you feel like you just took a trip to Argentina. And Gawd help ya if you got stuck on a Boston highway after 3:00 p.m.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Agreed on the level of service at Herb. They're just down the road from me and Kelly is like you said - FAR. For the largest dealer in Boston their service really could be much better. Considering the amount of money Herb Chambers has spent making Infiniti of Boston much nicer. Sigh. Guess that's what you get when you go to a dealer that's high volume. However, the dealer I purchased from is low volume and they are worse! :roll:

Anyways, let me know how your seat turns out. I may just have to bring mine back and see if they'll give me the fix. I'd rather have it fixed than just leave it hanging like that.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
I'd much rather have the vehicle serviced at Kelly, but they're some 40-frigging-miles away from my house. ... And Gawd help ya if you got stuck on a Boston highway after 3:00 p.m.
Hrmph. As a Los Angeleno (who was stuck in Boston for 10 years which couldn't ever be long enough ago), you get no sympathy from us SoCal residents!

Thousand Oaks Infiniti's 40 mi from my house (and there's 3 closer dealerships) but they're the only ones I trust. As far as what y'all call "traffic", take a look at this site any time after 3pm PST.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, residing in SoCal allows at least one distinct advantage. Which is the ability to chat up a convertible riding babe or two and ask her if those are real while you're stuck in the highway traffic jam. Because many of the folks we ride along up here are dudes in pick-up trucks who haven't shaved since Clinton left office, and the sandal / earth tone wearing Volvo station wagon crowd :lol: .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
the ability to chat up a convertible riding babe or two and ask her if those are real while you're stuck in the highway traffic jam.
Heh. I have given a woman my cell number once in a traffic jam so she could talk to me, though!

Because many of the folks we ride along up here are dudes in pick-up trucks who haven't shaved since Clinton left office, and the sandal / earth tone wearing Volvo station wagon crowd :lol: .
So, you're actually in the People's Republic of Cambridge, eh? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts