Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody please tell me what's the deal with people putting those hubcap spinners on their cars? Not the actual real wheel spinners, (although I'm not crazy about those either), I'm talking about those goofy, wobbly 14-inch Pep Boys pseudo-spinner hubcaps I've been seeing lately. Do people seriously think it transforms their Chrysler K-car from fool to cool, or are they making some sort of sarcastic statement? It cracks me up.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Getto (sorry) wannabe's but with not much money. :D

I saw a neon with no door handles yesterday. Seemed like a big waste of money to bondo the doors smooth.

·
Registered
149 Posts
LOL :lol: Thank goodness that spinner stuff hasn't yet caught up over here. No doubt it will happen soon...

What do these fake hub-cap spinners look like then? Any pix? I assume they would look pretty silly on a normal car!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It's GHETTO FABULOUS! ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ricer wannabe's but with not much money
Its not really ricer. More like ghetto fabulous wannbe.

People use the term ricer too loosely these days. If people are going to use the term use it correctly, or else its a little offensive to asian people.

Personally I could care less but here in the city its a little diff. Its like a asian guy calling a black dude a n****. If a russina or white guy used the term ricer to an asian guy he would take a little offense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They're pretty popular where I live.....unfortunately. My 15 year old niece wanted an Escalade with spinners. I convinced her otherwise due to the following reasons:

1) Vehicles with spinners are currently the number one theft target.
2) Spinners are stupidly expensive. Something on the order of $15K for a set.
3) They look stupid (personal opinion).
4) They'll lower the resale value of whatever vehicle you subject them to (also personal opinion).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
sorka said:
They're pretty popular where I live.....unfortunately. My 15 year old niece wanted an Escalade with spinners. I convinced her otherwise due to the following reasons:

1) Vehicles with spinners are currently the number one theft target.
2) Spinners are stupidly expensive. Something on the order of $15K for a set.
3) They look stupid (personal opinion).
4) They'll lower the resale value of whatever vehicle you subject them to (also personal opinion).
5) Just read in the new issue of Playboy (Rachel Hunter naked; Woo Hoo!) that the Escalade is now the most stolen vehicle.
6) The kid is 15!!! Like she's gonna get a 50k+ vehicle as her first vehicle! (and if she can, I don't even want to hear about it).

·
Registered
848 Posts
contaygious said:
word! when u live in frisco its hard to imagine that azns dont even make up 1 % of america's population. it seems like every other person i know is azn including my girl haha.
That's because you're off by 3%...see this

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DCD said:
LOL :lol: Thank goodness that spinner stuff hasn't yet caught up over here. No doubt it will happen soon...

What do these fake hub-cap spinners look like then? Any pix? I assume they would look pretty silly on a normal car!
I don't have any pictures, wish I did. I was on my bike yesterday and pulled up behind this Chrysler Lebaron convertible at a red light. Since they're hubcaps and not actual wheels they stick out way past the edge of the tire and I could actually see them spinning from directly behind the car. Don't know how to describe the look other than just cheap.

A couple of weeks ago me and my son were cracking up driving past this otherwise stock Camry with the fake spinners on...driven by this middle-aged couple.

I'm really hoping the whole spinner thing is just a fad that dies soon. It's incredible how much money people are spending on those wheels. Last week on the highway I saw a (last generation) 740i with spinners on. Talk about ghetto fabulous.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
WOW i didnt know it was 3.6 i must have saw a previous census. its still pretty small tho and concentrdae in pretty much only 2 states.

i see tons of peeps with spinners and chromies on their otherwise ishy whips and i want to tell them u gotta at least upgrade the stereo first! You can enjoy ur music no matter what the car looks like on the outside but some wheels aint gonna help u if ur in a broken ugly lookin ride!

·
Registered
38 Posts
saw a G35 Coupe this morning with spinners...which was surprising since we don't see too many cars with spinners down here in south O.C. :? It was sick....and I DON'T mean that in a good way...they just didn't fit the car IMHO...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Those bike spinners might come in use if you need to slice some salami & sausages or any type of dried/treated/smoked meat in sausage form. Just place a tray on one side and from the other side ease the salami in mm by mm (depending on slice thickness preference) and voila'....instant salami slices ready to be served!

:lol: :D 8)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I'll never understand the attraction to these things. Maybe they'd be interesting if they turned opposite to the rotational direction of the wheel. Kind of like the strobe effect you see on TV or the movies. :?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
I'll never understand the attraction to these things.
It's all the ladies' fault! No, seriously! Any time you see men doing something silly (remember the stupid ghetto thing of wearing your pants down around your ankles and letting your 'draws show, f'rinstance?), it's because either ladies like it, or put up with it.

I'll take the 5th on a few fads 'back in the day, m'self ... :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
kcrudup said:
Did it include rolling up one leg pant of your oversized jeans to your knee? :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
ujmot said:
kcrudup said:
Did it include rolling up one leg pant of your oversized jeans to your knee? :lol:
Or, my favorite..... remember the white leather sneakers that were untied but painstakingly laced with surgeon like precision....called "Felony Shoes"?

Here's a quiz....why were they called "Felony Shoes"?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts