Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the top speed of the FX45 is about 140, is that the terminal speed or is this governer limited? If it is limited, is there anyway to remove them? 140 might be a lot in the States, but over here you get your doors blown off by just about everything on the road! I know most of you care about 0-60, but over this way its top speed that counts. I think a V6 VW SUV does more than a FX45 and I know that the top speed of the Porsche S is about 155 and the Turbo is over 160! So 140 just won't cut it, any help is much appreciated. Pride and bragging rights are at stake here guys and I'm trying to represent us as best as possible!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
ECU limited in 4th and not in 5th because it cannot pull higher in 5th

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Yes, the 45 is governed. I don't recall anyone posting that they had changed the ECU to bypass it. Sorry.

Evidently, the FX35 is not governed and is instead drag limited to about 135 or so. If you supercharged a FX35, I wonder what the top speed would be. Hmm... ::wink:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have no idea how frustrating that is to hear that a 35 has a top speed of 135 and the 45 has about 137 or 140! Sure we might get there faster but who gives a hoot when you are talking about top speed! If any of you have heard of any clean way to going around the ECU limiter let me know, please! There is soooo much potential in this engine and to see it going to waste like that is crazy! There are tuners over here that I know that can get around it, but I'm sure that it would void the warranty for the engine if something went wrong.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm just had a good thought, Im sure that there are limiters on other Nissan products over here (Infiniti not offered overseas) maybe I can see if the mechanics know of a way to bypass the limiter without messing up anything or voiding the warranty! Just a thought! If any of you tuners are out there listening, get off your butts and make some go fast products for the 45! Believe me, if you make it we will come! So get with the program! I think Infiniti made a huge mistake in not offering this Vehicle to more markets. If they had we would have more tuners on the ball because there would be more demand!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Lovett said:
I know that the top speed of the FX45 is about 140, is that the terminal speed or is this governer limited? If it is limited, is there anyway to remove them? 140 might be a lot in the States, but over here you get your doors blown off by just about everything on the road! I know most of you care about 0-60, but over this way its top speed that counts. I think a V6 VW SUV does more than a FX45 and I know that the top speed of the Porsche S is about 155 and the Turbo is over 160! So 140 just won't cut it, any help is much appreciated. Pride and bragging rights are at stake here guys and I'm trying to represent us as best as possible!
I know what you mean about getting your doors blow off. I just got back from a trip to Germany and while our little Opel Vectra would move pretty good, 220ish kph(138ish mph) is all she would do and that definitely wasn't enough. :wink:

As far as your question, I am unsure about how to bypass the computer. I know aftermarket software and chip makers like GReddy and others offer this for the 350Z. Maybe they can also point you in the right direction for something specifically for the 45. May you want to also post this question in the FX45 Engine Mods section?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...Or just have this thread moved there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PinitiFX, I don't understand what you are trying to say on your last post. Do you have some info that would be useful to this thread? Your last post just said " or just move this over to that thread" don't understand what you are trying to say.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh now I got it, but I have no idea how to move a thread. If you know how to do that PinitiFX then do that for me if you have time. I think that this is a pertainant thread to most 35/45 owners (maybe)!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
There is at least one company talking about a piggy back mod for the ECU,BUT that allows mod of sensor input not true reprogramming for $700 or so.If someone is going to do a good re-flash of our ECU the list starts with rev limit,auto shift points,timing,A/F,valve timing and maybe speed.All of us want to unleash this power and the speed next(personally most folks are not ready for 140 on public roads-I have done 150 in another car).

·
Registered
848 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
(personally most folks are not ready for 140 on public roads-I have done 150 in another car).
I've gotta agree with ya on that one. I've done 155 in a old '85 Vette, and I have to say that above ~140mph was white-knuckle time for me...very stable below that though. Vehicles are much better now, but you still need to be paying 100% attention up there. I'm amazed how many people have ridden with me, and said something like "I've never been above 100 before."...nothing to be scared of, but not to be taken lightly either.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets try and keep this thread clean, if you recall, I stated that I am in Germany and there is no way I would ever think about going that speed in the states. But I do think that unleashing all of the FX45 power is in ALL our intererest! We need to stop being pasive and get on this with all four feet! We have a vehicle that is capable of sooo much more and I believe that if there is a way to unleash that power then we should try it. So long as that unleashing is realiable and does not void anything. Again I will ask the Nissan dealers over here if they know any tricks or if there are any tuners that deal with Nissan or Infiniti Vehicles. There are other 45s over here (where I have no idea) and I'm sure if they paid a lot of money for the vehicle they want all the power it can deliver! Most Germans won't put up with and over 50 or 60 grand vehicle only doing 140, no way! So if there is a way to bypass the limiters they WILL find out and I will let you guys know what they have done! But in the meantime if any knows someone that has already done this please let us know. Stillen, if you make it WE WILL COME!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
The OBDII ECU is incredibly complex and while the speed limiter is controlled by it,access is the problem.
I can assure you that many of us have been active in pursuing the broader problem,without success.There are companies willing to try,but their reputations suggest otherwise.
Are there Europe designated FX's and do their ECU's have different programs?
This morning I will call the company I saw on Tuner Vision to see if they are interested..the search goes on!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the Fx that are over here are all U.S. spec, so if there are companys or for that matter Nissan that can and know how to bypass the ecu then they have done it. I'll ask about it and see what I come up with. We have enough power although there is more that can be unleashed, it's the limiter that is my biggest concern.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You are not by-passing the ECU,you are changing a part of the program...IF you can do that you can change lots...Do a 45-ecu or ECU search and see the conversation

I started talking to Altered Atmosphere this morning about a Procharger kit for the 45which would include some other changes as well!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmm procharger kit, what would that consist of and what sort of price (if done) are we looking at?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Blower,intercooler,fuel curve,timing,5-7# boost Cost????
Centrfugal blowers give more top end vs Stillon/Eaton with bottom and mid.It is my opinion that mid/top is what we need.
Stillen also produce lots of heated air.

I also think this is a better direction for the 35,but I will stay out of that!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
Blower,intercooler,fuel curve,timing,5-7# boost Cost????
Centrfugal blowers give more top end vs Stillon/Eaton with bottom and mid.It is my opinion that mid/top is what we need.
Stillen also produce lots of heated air.

I also think this is a better direction for the 35,but I will stay out of that!
I just don't like ATI's clumsy fuel management, but they do have an FX35 specific kit. Vortec is very similar setup but has better A/F management (no FX specefic kit, though).

Type of blower really depends on your style of driving and where you want to see it most.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts