Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading from the factory speakers. I have heard the dash speakers are 4 ohms. Anyone know the specs of the door speakers and amps? The sub and amps are definetly getting replaced. Until I replace the main amp I am wondering if speaker replacement will be a good temporary fix? Also, are the dash and door speakers broken up into a component set?

·
Registered
882 Posts
You can't replace the speakers because bose created them to at a different ohm rating. I already discussed this with audiophiles and they told me that you would have to run aftermarket speakers on separate amps and that would all coast mucho denero.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hello

You can swap the speakers and run the original amp as long as you find the same size speakers. I have already swap the speakers from the original ones.

Jim

·
Registered
882 Posts
which speakers?what brand?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimsbmw, I get the impression that I could just run a soundgate LOCPREA from the head unit to the aftermarket amps and be free to run what ever ohms and aftermarket speakers I choose (that fit of course). Does this sound reasonable to you?
But, do most of us agree that the dash speakers are all 4 ohm? I think someone on FA actually tested his. Confirming this could make a great quick fix for the stereo situation

·
Registered
848 Posts
sonoman1 said:
But, do most of us agree that the dash speakers are all 4 ohm? I think someone on FA actually tested his.
A search of all FX posts on FA for "ohm" comes up with nothing on this. Sorta related...I need to replace the head unit on my wife's Bose system (the CD player is dead), and I'm wondering if I'm going to be stuck with another Bose...not that I'd mind, but I'd prefer to have less expensive options. Is the impedence difference really a limiting factor?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I am amidst replacing mine. The dash tweeters and mid ( center ) are 4 Ohm. The Center speaker is unique ( oval )
The mids in the door are 1 -2 ohm.

Mine should be complete in 1 week.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Any idea on what size the dash speakers are?

·
Registered
551 Posts
there are pics of them in 4Tysons install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts