Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any type of consensus on whether the front door speakers can be replaced due to the 2 ohm weirdness?

Besides the Image Dynamics product that someone else identified, is anyone aware of any drop-in speakers that will not require lots of other parts to be put in-line for volume adjustment / ohm adjustment / whatever? (it seems a little expensive too!)

http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSCXS62

·
Registered
551 Posts
no

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went to CC and they took out all of the Bose speakers replaced them with their top of the line infinity speakers and a Audiobahn sub with MTX amp. My installer did have to run to radio shack to get something to convert the Ohms but it was not an expensive part... The whole set up ran under $1700 for the price an incredible difference, 10 times better than the stock Bose IMO. I know no spare but that whats roadside assitance for :)

Anyone in the ATL area go see Jason at CC in Buckhead he's the man.

I will post the full specs tomrrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi,
You have now in correctly loaded your amp......put your hand on it some time. It will "expire" soooner than normal, will run very hot, and loose ability to deliver accurate sound. Just an FYI.
Impeadance matching is very important.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FX4U2C said:
Just trying to be clear as to what you are saying... No, there is no option at all? Even the Image Dynamics which run the same impedence as the door 6.5" speakers (2 ohms) cannot be dropped in?

·
Registered
105 Posts
FX4U2C said:
Hi,
Impeadance matching is very important.
your right impeadance matching is very important but my installer put converters inline so impeadance is matched and it shouldn't be not a problem for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
if a speaker has the same impeadance there should be no problem just dropping it in.

·
Registered
551 Posts
yup, matching is needed. I dropped in ID speakers ( 2 ohm ), the dash speakers are 4 ohm OEM.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Looking good Vivid. Do you have any more detailed pics of the sub enclosure, etc? What is it made of and how is it held down? Which driver from Audiobahn is that? I'd love to get more details on your setup.

I have 2 Soundstream reference amps (a Ref 404S 4ch and a Ref 300 2ch) sitting around just waiting to be unleashed (left over from my last system). It actually hurts to see them sitting around in my basement collecting dust knowing what they're capable of - super clean power and both are stable down to 0.5 ohm!! So, I'm REALLY itching to upgrade the system and let those monsters loose in the FX.

Unfortunately, space is extremely limited in our cars. I am totally against losing any of my cargo space so my future sub has to go in place of the spare. A few problems still - The spare compartment is too shallow (max 7.5") to put in anything more than 4-5" mounting depth (putting into account the 1.5" of height needed for the box itself). Also, the little hump of metal that the spare locks down on is in the middle of the compartment floor, which makes it difficult to make a bigger box and basically splits the potential volume into half... :x Right now I'm thinking of making a 0.7cu ft box and stuffing 2 Polk Momo 8" DVCs in them... this way I can push ~300watts to the subs, have enough headroom on the subs and enough room to make an amp rack. :?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm putting a JL Audio 12w6v2 in the spare tire area and wanted to go flush/stealth look, too. Installers called me later to say it's WAY too deep and would need to come ~3" above the original floor level in the trunk. That's still not bad and keeps the usefullness of the trunk 99%. I'll run a thread w/ pics when back from the shop - hopefully tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts