Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my FX the speaker grilles were scuffed. Dealer said replacement is no problem Now they say the whole door panels have to be replaced. What gives? Why can't Infiniti just send out replacement grilles? Anybody? Anybody?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the Willow and Black interior and keeping up with the scuffs on the speaker grilles has me thinking of swapping the willow grilles to black. It sounds like you are saying that is not an option?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what it's sounding like unless anybody on this forum has a different answer. it just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With black/willow, I have found that the Mr. Clean foam "cleaner" sticks/blocks, wetted minimally, do a good job of removing scuffs. I then applied 3M scotchgard fabric protector (avoiding speaker holes) to the grilles. So far so good. V

·
Registered
42 Posts
Within a week of getting our 45, we had a half dozen black shoe scuffs on our willow door panels and speaker grills. When I discovered Mr Clean Magic Eraser and that it removed the scuffs with practically a single swipe, I decided not to use SG on the panels as the Magic Erase is so good at getting the scuffs off. Now we keep a Magic Erase in the side compartment of each front door.

I did use SG heavy duty carpet protector on the floor matts.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
esemes said:
somebody link me to this Mr clean thing already!!
Procter & Gamble
Here's a review
Epinions.com

I've used it on the shower's glass door and a wall. I was not blown away by it but it seems to generally work. Someone on FA said they used it on some plastic on the FX and it left a permanent haze so be careful!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I've heard Blue Coral Auto Dry Clean or something like that works really well for this stuff; it was covered on FA (noticed their search function is back up, too).

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I have some of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers; they work great for getting wax residue off the plastic trim. The do leave behind a lot of "dust" as they disintegrate as they work, so I'm not sure I'd want to rub one into my speaker grills. Never tried dampening it, though; don't lnow if that would help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Magic erasers work great on speakers! They are available at any Super Market including Target/Wallmart. I used them on my speakers, but it also mentions on the box not to use on shiny surfaces. So be carful it will dull shiny surfaces.

·
Registered
42 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
I have some of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers; they work great for getting wax residue off the plastic trim. The do leave behind a lot of "dust" as they disintegrate as they work, so I'm not sure I'd want to rub one into my speaker grills. Never tried dampening it, though; don't lnow if that would help.
OMG!! You have to wet the ME sponge. It won't work anywhere near as well if you don't.

Yes, the magic eraser leaves a dust behind. It brushes off easily though. I just used it to get wax off the wheel well trim and it swiped off instantly. Yes it left a haze on it, but another swipe of Back to Black clean it off where the Back to Black wouldn't remove the wax.

I have since stripped with dawn and applied Zaino with ZFX.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
sorka said:
MustGoFastR said:
OMG!! You have to wet the ME sponge. It won't work anywhere near as well if you don't.
Guess I should read directions, once ina while, huh? :oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts