Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I was looking through the isuzu forum that i used to visit while i still had my isuzu. Many of the isuzu owners lifted their trucks by putting spacers underneath the stock spring.

There are some FX owners(including myself) who complains about the stiffness of the stock suspension but dont have the attention to replace the springs with H&R or Eibach for better comfort and handling.

Maybe the idea of combining the h&r springs and the spacers Isuzu owners use for their truck can be worked out for the FX owners(putting the 1inch spacer below the h&r/Eibach spring to bring the car back to stock height). By doing so, I can improve the ride quality without compromising the car height.

I know the rear of the FX has independent suspension which is similar to the isuzus. The only problem is the Isuzus have torsion bars in the front and the Fx's have the regular setup. Do you guys think that putting the spacer in between the top mount and springs would work? I am going to look at the front suspension and check the depth of the top mounts to figure out if this is feasible (the depth of the rear spring holders as well). If everything works out, I might custom make the spacers to make it happen!

What do you guys think>? Thank you for reading and comments are greatly appreciated!! :D

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Re: spacers on h&r/Eibach springs to go back to stock height

Firstly, do a search on the forum for Eibach and you'll see why you should never buy them.

Unless you really really don't care about handling performance, I wouldn't go for it. I think the H&Rs are about $400, let's say another $100 for spacers. For about double that you can get coilover suspension, which would give you the ability to tailor the ride and height to your exact preference. Coilovers are also designed for street performance, unlike spacers which are designed for off-road use. I kinda doubt you'd even be able to find spacers to fit an FX.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Re: spacers on h&r/Eibach springs to go back to stock height

And also, seeing as you have an 03, I assume if you went with new springs you should also get new shocks... roughly add another $200 on top of the $300ish you'd pay for H&R springs and you're up around the $500 price range... and then also add in the time and money you'd need to make those spacers... for about $900 you can get a full coilover kit... and like daschlag said the ride height is fully adjustable and so is the dampening... with the MEGAN coilovers I have, there's something crazy like 32 settings for the dampening... from harsh track settings all the way to mushy, drive-over-your-neighbor's-dog-and-not-even-notice-a-thing settings...

Also then factor in the cost of getting them installed... the coilovers actually require LESS time cause they come as a bolt-on kit... or if you end up doing the work yourself, installing the coilovers is easier than doing the shocks and springs... and less dangerous as you don't need to compress the springs for the install...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spacers on h&r/Eibach springs to go back to stock height?!

Thanks guys that totally make sense. Reading the isuzu forum make me think it might be a interesting mod alternative to coilovers. Thanks for the clarification! I guess my only option is to save up for an coilover system haha..

·
Banned
1 Posts
Different people have different ideas. If we buy the high quality spacers and install them correctly, then there is no problem at all.
Recently I was considering installing wheel spacers on my car, I saw the BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacers (formerly bloxsport) on the Internet, and some youtubers shared and installed these component. So I install that last week.

They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

If you need it in the future, this is their case article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.