Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
17 FXers sign up GB here in Taiwan.

It definitely works, said,TQ improved in mid to high rpm zone.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Benzo said:
17 FXers sign up GB here in Taiwan.

It definitely works, said,TQ improved in mid to high rpm zone.
Actually now its 21 FXers in Taiwan sign up to do the spacer, with me as the last of the group, will try spacing with aftermarket plenum.

Jim

·
Registered
520 Posts
are people outside tiwan able to get into the GB for the spacer?
seems like its really work it.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
fastdaddycar said:
Its looking like a stock FX with just the spacer adds 7-8 hp, which is about a 3% increase?
It's an apples-to-oranges comparison due to the fact that the dyno was done on a G35. You can't assume that the FX has the same gains. You have to take into account drivetrain loss, ecu settings, AWD or RWD, etc.

This was how people got burned when they expected a huge 17-20 HP from a Crawford plenum because they showed it on a Z. Bottom line - numbers taken from another car don't mean squat.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Bottom line - numbers taken from another car don't mean squat.
I don't believe this is true.

The G35, 350Z, and FX35 all share the same engine. So if a mod shows a gain on a G35 or a 350Z, you can expect there to be a gain on the FX35 but you must take into account all the other factors.

The G35 and 350Z are RWD vehicles. If you have an AWD FX then your gains will be much lower due to AWD loss. If the dynoed G35 or 350Z is a manual transmission, then you can expect some auto transmission loss as well.

I wouldn't say that gains on other cars don't mean squat. That's not being logical. Instead, take the gains from the other cars and decide for yourself whether the mod may be a worthwhile one or not.

my .02.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Ak1nza said:
I wouldn't say that gains on other cars don't mean squat. That's not being logical. Instead, take the gains from the other cars and decide for yourself whether the mod may be a worthwhile one or not.

my .02.
When I was trying to get across is that you can't assume you're going to get the same percentage increase in HP from a mod based on another car's results. I was referring to the previous post where just because there was a 3% increase in HP from the plenum space in a G35 you're gonna get the same increase in a FX. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison no matter what.

I agree that's it's ultimately up to the individual on whether or not a new mod is worth it but you can't draw expected gains based on results from dynos from different cars due to the factors I mentioned earlier. Nor should you be surprised if the gains aren't what you expected.

·
Registered
170 Posts
About the spacer, I am focus on the gain of mid range TQ
said 3000~5000 rpm, we use it when overtaking cars.

HP gain means little to our heavy FX, an icrease at over 5000 rpm
is not practical in daily life.

Most exhaust mod FXers here suffer low-end TQ loss, I believe
they may still have a little more hp in hi-end rpm zone.
That's not the mod I want on a FX, why not go for a sport car
to enjoy the rev-up & speed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
spacer GB here in Taiwan is going to deliever in Mar 12.
the improved mid range TQ is very impressive.
It's similiar gain as by the headers mod which I did 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
We will see the results soon, as for me I will try the spacer plus plenum. Either Kinetixs or Crawford.

Jim

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you want low-end power gains... get headers.

As others have said, you can infer from other cars' results that there will be an improvement, however don't expect the same numbers. Also, given the fact that the G and Z are significantly lighter than the FX, actual real world impact will be less.

Results for the spacer seem to look pretty good. There are some dyno plots that are from a bone stock car worth looking at here:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread. ... e=12&pp=15

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi guys,

Here is a link to links with dynos and reviews. So far, its all looking really good. I also sold a few 1/2" plenum spacers to FX owners so their reviews should also be available soon. :)

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... did=111282

My website is under construction and will be operating fairly soon.
http://www.MotordyneEngineering.com

I also plan on doing XXXXXLARGE spacer testing for the FX35. Probably won't be much of a difference, but you never know untill you try. Can't wait to see what it produces. :D

Tony

·
Registered
170 Posts
So, the headers & plenum spacer best torque our FX in commution.
and the CAI + pulley + lighter tires just facilitate them.
*** Goodyear is a heavier tire.

Once ppl need speed (after quarter mile)
freer exhaust flow is one another appeal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.