Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had spoke with Adam from Stillen and he told me that their R&D team most likely will not release a s/c kit for the 45..... :( he said that there would have to be a lot of demand, and that you guys would probably have to change out hoods just like the Z and the G.

Not fair i know, but what can we do..... :(

-Alex B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Yeah, none of us were really holding our breaths, based on some other similar rumors. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
If a manufacturer actually paid attention to our part of this market...we would not know what to do! :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
If a manufacturer actually paid attention to our part of this market...we would not know what to do! :twisted:
It's too bad the Q didn't sell better*. Can you imagine an "AMG" for the Infiniti lineup?


* and that still somewhat baffles me- now that I'm an Infi owner, everytime I see someone with a Q I ask 'em how they like it. "You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!" is essentially the response, to a man (strangely enough, I don't think I've ever seen a woman driving a Q)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
kcrudup said:
brnjugfx45 said:
If a manufacturer actually paid attention to our part of this market...we would not know what to do! :twisted:
It's too bad the Q didn't sell better*. Can you imagine an "AMG" for the Infiniti lineup?


* and that still somewhat baffles me- now that I'm an Infi owner, everytime I see someone with a Q I ask 'em how they like it. "You'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands!" is essentially the response, to a man (strangely enough, I don't think I've ever seen a woman driving a Q)
No doubt. :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
AlexAtMyNismo said:
i had spoke with Adam from Stillen and he told me that their R&D team most likely will not release a s/c kit for the 45..... :( he said that there would have to be a lot of demand, and that you guys would probably have to change out hoods just like the Z and the G.

Not fair i know, but what can we do..... :(

-Alex B.
That's ok by me, I'm no fan of the Eaton supercharger anyway. I'd rather have a whipple/lysholm any day.

I don't like centrifugal chargers either, but that would probably be the easiest to use for our application. It could be placed in the area of the stock airbox. Just run a conservative 6 psi so you wouldn't have to run an intercooler, add a rising rate fuel regulator, possibly bigger fuel pump or at least a re-wire with larger gauge cables, cut the ignition timing advance a bit, and re-work the variable cam timing.......................... That's it! easy! :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Same page,talked to Jim Bell(whipple) no interest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
even if they seriously produce one, how many of you would actually plan on getting it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
davezaristo said:
even if they seriously produce one, how many of you would actually plan on getting it?
If it were in the $5Gs neighborhood and had that $300 warranty option, I would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
davezaristo said:
even if they seriously produce one, how many of you would actually plan on getting it?
If it were in the $5Gs neighborhood and had that $300 warranty option, I would.
That's 1....I'm 2...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
I'm 3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
Number 4 :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Now i wonder how many orders at the suggested price would it take for stillen to consider making one...10? 100?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
I started conversation with Altered Atmosphere in MD... Procharger for a kit for the 45 with intercooler,fuel curve,and timing changes
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
They are takling $8500(problem with custom application),I am also talking to Anderson Performance in Baltimore(Procharger installers and old GN friends) so we shall see!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
I had a long talk with Mike at Altered Atmosphere this afternoon.He understands the issues of fuel management and timing retard,he is looking into the issues of reflashing the ECU for rev limit,shift point,(top speed could be part of this),and burning in a new fuel curve and timing parameters.They have a full machine shop and could fabricate brackets etc.Thet would want my car for 45-90 days(the price of being first).I will not tease you ,the price will be higher than some of you have stated.It may be as low as I have stated.
He is exploring what can be done.I am interested...but only if it is the right/safe/reliable outcome.
I have done crazier and this fits in that category.
MUST there is no fuel return line and some of the fixes for fuel pressure are crazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Instead of losing money on buying a higher performance SUV, I would invest $5K installed on a Supercharger for my FX45. I tend to keep my vehicles for a year or 2 then trade them in (at a loss) though I love the design of the FX45 which is ahead of its time and it doesn't get boring to look at and drive (unlike my 2002 ML55 AMG I got rid of back in '03). It was a great vehicle, but I got the urge for something better...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
I really kije this car/SUV.It handles,looks great, stops well etc.It is certainly not the fastest I have owned or close...but huge fun!

No fuel return line means(sorry for being too brief at times),the regulator is in the tank,the entire line is under pressure and fuel is gaining heat.Most everyone bleeds the fuel off the rail(through a regulator) back to the tank where it cool in the return line and cools as if mixes with the tank fuel.Efficient,simple. To gain fuel some modders add a pump in- line which overwelms the line or add a bigger in-tank pump which has the same effect.Bleeding the fuel off with a larger pump is the only accurate way to do this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Well you can count me in on the Stillen, the Whipple or anything else that will give me more top end! As all of you know, I have a severe need for speed! There must be a way and either you guys over there will find it or we will! The problem is the V8, does Nissan produce an 8 that any of you know of? I don't think so, if so that would mean its in a car somewhere over here in Germany. And that would mean someone over here has modded it to the fullest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Lovett said:
Well you can count me in on the Stillen, the Whipple or anything else that will give me more top end! As all of you know, I have a severe need for speed! There must be a way and either you guys over there will find it or we will! The problem is the V8, does Nissan produce an 8 that any of you know of? I don't think so, if so that would mean its in a car somewhere over here in Germany. And that would mean someone over here has modded it to the fullest!
Current Nissan 4.5L V8 are also found in the Infiniti Q45 and M45. Good luck!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top