Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok , i was sitting in here and pondering on getting new rims,and by the way i have got them quoted and they are 20x10 and a nice 4 inch lip.well since i like gemballas work of art on the porsche cayenne, i wanted to have that same stance with wider tires and deep dish 2 piece rims. so im wondering, i know the fx has the same bolt pattern as the g35. well if i wanted to put "better" looking rims why not upgrade the brakes. now im going to do some research and see if the brembo sport package on the g35 will fit the fx, and i dont think the brake booster pump does not need to be upgraded either. since i have extensively worked on my cars (in the sig) for 5 years and i do have knowledge on aftermarket upgrades and done the work my self. it will be some time but i need to first get a hold of a junked g35 brembo sport package which i already have found the source, and see what can come up with for the brake issue. bigger brakes/2 piece wheels are a sight to see. most of my influence comes from seeing allot of amg equipped mercedes ml's, and also the bimmer x5's and porsche. since our vehicles performance are up to par or not better than the porshes. why not give it the looks also. and since a supercharger is already on my mind, i think you can give it the go and also the necessary braking that can compete with those $ 70,000+ suvs.

so any ideas or thoughts, im working on this iussue now , but it will be some time. also i need to test fit the brembos first so i can find out the correct offset for the rims. please feel free to state your 2 cents. 8)
regards
jose

·
Registered
443 Posts
drooling.... :oops: :shock: :shock:

you got 2 supras....

can you post more pics of ur supras?

also.. WELCOME ABOARD!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
liug said:
drooling.... :oops: :shock: :shock:

you got 2 supras....

can you post more pics of ur supras?

also.. WELCOME ABOARD!
yes both are mine and my wifes but the white one is just a smoggers nightmare, so i dont drive it that much, the black one is driven ocassionally but i drive the fx allot. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Post is better here.

Moved by me

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet Fx said:
Post is better here.

Moved by me
cool i was wondering where to put it. thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess no one has any ideas?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Cool idea... and I agree about deep lipped rims w/ big brakes - HOT! However, even though the Brembos are nice, the front rotors aren't much bigger than the FX stock brakes - 12.76" vs 12.6". I'm sure that they outperform the stock FX brakes, but overall look/size difference isn't all that dramatic. The rears of the G coupe is oddly 1" bigger (13.07" vs 12.1").

FYI, for reference, the G35C 6mt wheels are 18x8 w/ a 30mm offset.

Willwood is supposed to come out w/ a 13" 4 piston front set for the FX. http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1173

·
Registered
235 Posts
I say go with the piaa rozzas..however, the only drawback is 19" is the biggest they made so you will be downsizing.

However, piaa does make these exclusively for the cayenne and i thought those 22's are so sweet...only if they make them for the fx, i will get a set for sure..

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
ujmot said:
Cool idea... and I agree about deep lipped rims w/ big brakes - HOT! However, even though the Brembos are nice, the front rotors aren't much bigger than the FX stock brakes - 12.76" vs 12.6". I'm sure that they outperform the stock FX brakes, but overall look/size difference isn't all that dramatic. The rears of the G coupe is oddly 1" bigger (13.07" vs 12.1").

FYI, for reference, the G35C 6mt wheels are 18x8 w/ a 30mm offset.

Willwood is supposed to come out w/ a 13" 4 piston front set for the FX. http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1173
I agree with this assessment. I believe we checked into this a bit before and the G Brembos will not work for the FX; the Willwood kit is the way to go, IMO.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Thread moved again by me. This is a modification, not a problem thread.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Thread moved again by me. This is a modification, not a problem thread
I thought is was more a tire thread not a mod thread. J/K :razz:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Tread! c'mon let's move it to towing.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Thread moved again by me. This is a modification, not a problem thread
I thought is was more a tire thread not a mod thread. J/K :razz:
Heh, didn't mean to tread on your toes :razz: .

The distintion for some of these threads can get a little fuzzy, as the Tires, Rims and Suspension forum exists under the "Problems" heading, while the Suspension forum (which includes topics on tires and rims) is under the "Modifications" heading. I try to go by the heading first, then the corresponding forum. Maybe we could do something to clarify this so it's easier for people to know where to put these kinds of posts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts