Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking on this forum since I got my FX a few weeks ago and I have to say it is a great source of information - thank you all!

I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:

I'd like to get a clear bra - does anyone know of a good installer in the Atlanta area? So far the only place I've found is Classic Touch in Marietta and I'm waiting on a quote. They use ventureshield film - how does this compare to 3M's film?

I want to install a K&N air filter and have found the install instructions posted here. Is it really necessary to disassemble the air duct (which apparently involves replacing the o-ring), or can I just unclip the airbox and move it enough to slide the filters out and in?

Lastly, I want to play my iPod with something better than my current FM transmitter. The soon to be released Griffin Smartdeck cassette adapter looks like a good option, but I would have a wire dribbling out of the console. I've also seen the how to's on direct wiring the iPod to an aux source, but will this allow me to advance through a playlist with the steering wheel controls?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
ATLJeff said:
I've also seen the how to's on direct wiring the iPod to an aux source, but will this allow me to advance through a playlist with the steering wheel controls?
The AUX input methods work well but nobody has a good solution for steering wheel controls yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, I'm also new to the board and new to the FX35 (Mine has about 200 miles on it right now :D ) and I have the same question as the guy above regarding the ipod connection, except what's been posted so far doesn't answer my question.

I've been looking for the way to connect my ipod to the Aux(rear dvd etc), but in 2005, the dvd player isn't included in the tech package. I popped open the console and can't find the wiring harness that is referenced in other articles.

I asked my service advisor when the dealer was delivering the car and he said that in 2005 they stopped putting the DVD harness in the console if you didn't get that option from the factory. Can someone respond to this and maybe give some insight / link as to how to get to the rear dvd molex so I can get the RCAs hooked up? Is there an RCA input on the back of the bose stereo? I don't want to disassemble my dash just to check and I'm sure someone out there knows the answer.

Thanks a bunch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.