Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
third

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
holy cow! is there a major theft problem over there? what's up with that thing tied to the steering wheel? and why is the center screen covered? hmmmmm........

nice color combo!

·
Registered
64 Posts
liug.. i am assuming you took the shots in tokyo? whereabouts? (the porsche and the fx seem to have "shinagawa" plates..)

as for a theft problem over here.. there isnt one.. allegedly there are 'rings' that take high end cars and ship to china and russia, but in the 8 years i've lived here, i've never heard of someone's car being stolen, let alone broken into.. this place is very low crime..

as for fx's in tokyo.. i have seen 3 others now, including this photo..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt took the picture
I saw it in another forum

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Hi tokyofx, I was in Tokyo last summer, where do you live. We stayed in Gotonda and Roponggi. Great city, I can;t wait to go back. We had a blast at Club 911, Gaspanic, and all the others.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i live in takanawa.. which is very close to gotanda in fact.. and i know all those bars in roppongi very well indeed.. too well in fact! :eek:ccasion5: although i dont go to gaspanic so often these days.. make sure you check out a bar called "heartlands" in the base of the roppongi hills complex on your next visit..

·
Registered
149 Posts
There was a silver FX35 on display at the Tommy Kaira/ASL dealer next to Super Autobacs in Shinonome last month. I drove by today and the FX is gone but they have a Pathfinder there now. I've seen 3 in Tokyo so far...I still have no idea why they don't sell them here officially!! Murano seems to be doing pretty well and the new Fuga(M35/45) has raked up over 10,000 orders in a month (they projected 3,000) so its not like luxury cars are not in high demand!

tokyofx...how is your fx doing?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
taiwan is approximately a 5 hour flight away.. almost the same as northern australia for example..

with regard to modding, i have been trying to do some homework with regard to what i can do to my 45, but as you would expect the interesting stuff over here is in japanese..

i have wired up my ipod as per posts here at infinitfx.org, and that works great.. i'd like to do some interior leds..

but really more interested in finding some differnet intake options for the engine and seeing if i can get a big bore exhaust fitted.. to start anyway :) this to be done in the spring next year if i can find a suitably brave japanese mechanic type..

i also have a pretty poor aftermarket reversing light - fitted by the japanese 'grey' importer here for (road) legal purposes.. i would like to remove it and fit something better.. like white leds inside the indicator lights as i think i read someone has done here..

·
Registered
149 Posts
tokyofx...if you have time go down to Chiba-kita and visit Top Secret. Its a very famous J-tuner that mods pretty much everything on 4 wheels. Talk to Shibuki-san and ask what can be done to your VK. They will have no problem building you a custom stainless s. or titanium exhaust and air intake. They have lots of experience with the Vk, in fact they are building a twin turbo version that will power their Skyline Coupe (G35 for you US people) demo car at the Tokyo Auto Salon 2005. They can then fit an HKS F-Con V- pro 32-bit programmable ECU and extract some more precious horses. These guys are very good and definitely worth a visit....get off at Chiba-kita from Higashi-kanto, exit to the left and not even 1km down the road on the left is their workshop (its pretty big so you can't miss it)

·
Registered
64 Posts
cheers DCD.. i will certainly check that out.. however i am out of here for the next 4-5 weeks.. so i guess it will become a new year project.. thanks again for the info.. it should prove very useful!

·
Registered
67 Posts
so where are these fx's beeing imported from? canada? becuase im curious how much more they cost over there, since ive seen people pay up to 70k to get one imported , i cant imagine how much it is over there. and another note..., do american cars pass some other countries strict emissions code with flying colors? if you were to take it to another country?

·
Registered
149 Posts
FX45s retail at around 6 milion Yen. You have to add lots of taxes on top of this to put it on the road. They are imported from both US & Canada although I have no idea why they just don't do it through Canada which gives you Km/h speedo.

Emission is not a problem...its the **** useless navigation thats the problem!! I can't wait until the FX is sold world wide!

·
Registered
64 Posts
6mil is about right.. NEW car taxes amount to about 15% of purchase price.. most importers here allow you to specify US or Canada spec car.. I got a Canadian version for the KM/H speedo etc.. and i whole-heartedly agree about the navi..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Market for FX35/45 in Japan....

Hey, I'm just getting involved in exporting cars from Canada to Japan... surprisingly, (or maybe not?) the majority of the requests we've had have been for high-end Japanese vehicles sold in North America... Lexus SUVs, etc.

Recently I've been thinking the FX might be a good one to export... mechanically similar to the JDM V35 Skyline and Stagea so maintenance and parts won't be a worry, and a real standout... anybody in Japan , feel free to mail me at [email protected]; I would love to hear your opinion. (I lived there for quite a few years myself but haven't been back recently.... kind of want an idea of what the "foreign" import car trends are...)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts