Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'd say it's a good alternative to a loaded Toureg, but a completely different beast than the FX.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I always liked Disco and if Ford can take care of its quality issue, I may consider it as my next vehicle. But I think interior is little plasticy compared to RR.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I do not care for the traditional SUV body style. They all look like the original jeep to me. Expedition, Sequoia, Discovery LR3, GX/LX, QX56, Highlander - they all look more or less the same to me.

I like the non-traditional styling of the MDX, RAV4, RX330 - and of course the FX 8) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
320 Posts
The only place the Disco held it's weight was offroad. Its was a dog on road...It and the previous generation of Grand Cherokee (WJ) were the only traditional SUV's to have solid front axle's. All the others are grocery getters. I dont even consider the FX to be a SUV, its more of a raised sports sedan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
topguy said:
I always liked Disco and if Ford can take care of its quality issue, I may consider it as my next vehicle. But I think interior is little plasticy compared to RR.
i agree i was almost getting the dicco before the the fx45.. honestly . the only reason i didnt was due to lack of power.... but now the lr3 has 300 hp so im gonna be looking into it as 3rd car to add to the stable it is not anything like the fx but u got to admit its dammm good at what it does.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
I dont even consider the FX to be a SUV, its more of a raised sports sedan.
Agreed, but what do you call these new breed of crossovers? I've read reviews that use the acronym PUV (Performance Utility Vehicle) and my youngest calls the FX an SUC (Sport Utility Car). But I do not like either for obvious reasons. Perhaps it shouldn't matter but we live in a label driven society - perhaps something like XSM (Crossover Street Machine)

PS: I told the youngest that as long as he calls the FX an SUC he does not have to worry about ever driving it 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts