Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a snowboard rack that can hold at least three boards, fit on the OEM roof rails/crossbars of my FX35, be easy to install w/o any damage to the existing rails/bars, look good and not be too expensive. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I'm in the same boat....looking at the Thule 726 that slides out.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

Here is prayforsnows.

You should pm him.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I got Thule fatmounts w/ a 726 Pull top.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I need one too. Best bet is a Yakima Big Powderhound with the Ski-Lift attachment, which lifts them up on one side. On our racks from last year, the boards' bindings that were on upside down touched the roof. We ended up putting the wifes board on the bottom because it has step-in bindings. We need to get 4 on there so i need the lift. Also need to find a Mighty Mount that'll work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its mostly preference...both Thule and Yakima make quality racks, i prefer thule.......if you want to transport 4 boards your gonna need the full size flat top carrier, or thule makes a specific snowboard carrier that hold 2 boards each, so you could bet 2 of them....check out Thule's site

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I had Yakima in the past but am going for the Thule just because I think it fits the Fx better. I like the aluminum and black, it just seems a little ritzyer...if that is even a word? :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
The Thule would probably look better with the aluminum roof racks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thule Snowcat (Snowboard Rack)

Did any of you guys try or know anything about Thule Snowcat
http://www.rei.com/product/47843365.htm ... I_SSHP__PP
How close is it to the roof, will I scratch if I have, say 4 snowboards. Will Fat Mouths fit it, or are they only for cross bars, is there a way to raise it???? It seems to be a much better deal than getting Flat Top and Cross bars separately. Thanks !

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got the Yakima Big Powderhounds; they work fine for up to 4 snowboards. You'll need to use Vertical MightyMounts to mount them to your factory crossbars. These must be purchased from Infiniti, as Yakima doesn't sell them.

The only issue with these racks is that you'll have to also use the SkiLift, a riser which is included with the racks, or they will rub against the center of the crossbars (due to the arch in the crossbars). You'll need to use the SkiLift if you want to carry more than two snowboards, anyway, as some of the bindings will be facing down, and you'll need more clearance between the rack and the roof -- which is why the SkiLifts were made.

Here is a photo with the SkiLift attached, set at it's lowest angle:

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Got my Mightymounts (infiniti part# 999R1-EP001) from the dealer today for $11 plus tax. Not bad for all 4. My Big Powderhound is on its way. It's Jibbin' season :D !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts