Registered
441 Posts
I would start praying alot...you will need sno tires...get a set of 18's
with the blizzaks and u will be set..
Phil

·
Registered
148 Posts
I concur with the magician. Get some snows. I got a set of 18's with pirelli scorpions and am having fun driving in the snow. I actually look forward to the snow instead of dreading it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
What kind of snow packages (tire and wheel brands) did some of you get? Can we see some pics? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oh Sweet Jesus! Either you guys are driving on ice, 6 or more inches of snow, or simply don't know how to drive on the snow. You'll find many other posters who've had no trouble with the OEM tires on snow. :roll:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Either you guys are driving on ice, 6 or more inches of snow, or simply don't know how to drive on the snow.
Keep in mind FromHereToInfiniti that some people's opinion on OEM tires is different based on their past experiences, driving skills, and the kind of driving they do. I know that we have already discussed this issue a numberous times however no matter what you say, they will always be people with different opinion. :)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
My daily driver and driving in the snow. I have had no issues with OEM tires. I drive in manumatic in the snow and is working fine. Just IMO. :D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I drive in manumatic in the snow and is working fine. Just IMO. :D
Good Idea... We are expecting about 4 inches for the Chicagoland today

·
Registered
779 Posts
We are expecting about 4 inches for the Chicagoland today
I know jorgemiranda. Can't wait for tomorrow morning's drive to work. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
It is easier downshifting then pressing the brakes and hoping the FX will not slid. I am a lot more comfortable now driving the FX in the snow.

·
Registered
662 Posts
First snow for my new Toyos. Let's see...

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I drove mine with the OEMs in 6-9 inches just fine. A little slippery, but only when I goose it or around a fast turn. No problems if you take it easy though. Its all about skill, when it snows go practice in a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
perfectly crazy said:
Any tips for handling the 35 with 20" tires in the snow?
First - welcome to the group; interesting first post (where do you live?).
Second - be careful, be very careful 8)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in Omaha NE. We have ice now under about 8" with another 8" on the way. I took it out yesterday for the first time. The only real issue I noticed was the end fishtailed a bit, even when starting out slowly. I have lived hear all my driving life so snow is not a new thing. I had been driving a denali for the past several years so this will just take some getting used too!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I drove my 45 for the first time in freezing rain/slush/snow today. It drove just fine, but the stuff was only about 2 inches deep. I thought the car drove better than a fwd only car, but it would try to break loose if you gave it too much gas. I took it easy and used the manumatic to downshift on hills.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the tips! As you can tell I am not a male but love my new FX. I had an I30 in the past which was a great car and saved my husband and brother in law in a terrible accident. The car incured 17K of damage and they walked away w/o a scratch. I am just excited to own such a great car that looks great as well!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
As you can tell I am not a male but love my new FX
:?

Nope, could not tell from your posts, but that is a weird way to say you are a woman.

Welcome to the club and Enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if the snow is bad, I just use the snow button and take it easy. The FX without the switch on does get tale happy and likes to slide

·
Registered
186 Posts
I love drifting!

We just got about 8 inches of snow in Ottawa. Took it out around 10pm to do some drifting haha. The Fx handles great with the Bridgestone Blizzaks. Real confidence booster. What's VDC again? LOL.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts